X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Howdy,
    I have lurked around badcaps for a couple of years now. I'm posting now so I can access some pictures on some posts that interest me . Most of the threads I look at are older so It's usually too late to add my comments, therefore you mat not be hearing much from of me. But I will offer help if I can.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Guys

I'm Jayare and I live in a small town in South Africa called Dunnottar about 50Km away from the Golden City of Johannesburg.
      I've worked on electronics some in my younger days but eyes don't allow much fine work anymore.
      Now and again I need to look into some household thingy that went on the blink and then as per usual a little help comes in handy.
      I've been fiddling with my wife's Kenwood Food mixer recently and found very valuable assistance on this forum, hence my joining it.
      I noticed that a participant called MIPS offered a service manual for Kenwood Food Mixer Model Chef A901/7 and was wondering how I should go about contacting him.

Thanks for the invite to join I'm sure I will find it very enlightening.

Comment

Hi
        my name is Pertican and I live in the Iran. I worked On Mobile And Tablet And Laptop Repire.

Regards

Comment

Hi, from the "Great White North"

I'm from Canada and I just like to tinker with anything electric, electronic or mechanical. My current hobby is looking for free broken stuff on Kiijiji, repairing it, then re-selling it. This has resulted in mostly rebuilding lawnmowers, snow blowers and a TV or monitor once in a while. My first computer was a ZX81 with 1K of memory ... (yes, one kay). My next computer was an IBM PC. This was before the IBM XT and had only a 5.25" floppy, drive and 64K of RAM. At that time my job was repairing equipment that had these new-fangled 8" floppy drives! OK, so I'm old, but I still love to tinker.

Comment

Hello from Toledo, OH. I am a jack of all trades kind of guy who found this forum while searching for answers on how to repair my wine fridge. There is a lot of great information here. Thanks!

Comment

Hi,
              my name is George and I live in Greece.
              I own a computer store and I do basic electronic repairs.
              I have been reading threads for a few years on Badcaps forum but I have never created an account.
              I have made repairs taking ideas from here way beyond my league, so thanks!

Comment

Hi,
                I'm Dom. Have been trying to learn as much about electronics as possible.
                Stumbled upon this site trying to find reasons for no picture on a Visio tv.
                Did my first capacitor swap out on a Samsung monitor last week. Was so pleased with the result that I'm ready to move on to bigger and better challenges!

Oh, and I live in Frisco, Texas.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Greetings, all!

I've been into computers and electronics since I was a small child. First computer experience was on my Dad's office Wang 2200 (I still have a working 2200LVP in my basement!), my aunt and uncle's Commodore PET and the Apple ][ machines at our school when we started to get them. When we finally got our own home computer, it was a TI-99/4a (1982 or 1983, IIRC, of which I currently have three ).

My main occupation is generally doing custom compuer builds / support / consulting and custom electronics, (a recent project was to design and build a 7200W, 3-phase variable frequency 200-600 Hz 0-140v power converter / power supply for a local aircraft research / part manufacturer.) I also sometimes fix things like TVs, consumer electronics, etc.

I'm competent with test equipment, have things like oscilliscopes, CRT and tube testers, signal generators, etc. plus thousands of vacuum tubes and all sorts of electronic goodies acquired over the years.

Comment

Hi all im steve from the UK,

Im into anything computer related and testing and repairing things. Have used this site for a while now so thought about time i participated :-)

Comment

Hi I'm dave. Just getting into electronic repairs and picking up any knowledge along the way. Noticed some handy tips during a search and thought I'd join. Since then been reading some very useful information on here so thanks for that. It's much appreciated.

Comment

Hi, obviously I'm new here, and have been monitoring a bunch of internet forums for advice on repairing two Plasma TV (Panasonic TC-54PS14, Pioneer PDP-434PU). The TV's are a buddies of mine, and were just sitting in his garage, so I'm taking a flyer on trying to fix them (we each keep one if they can be economically fixed).
                          After being able to use the search function (restricted for newbies) I'll probably post my problem w/ each TV unless fixed from existing threads.
                          Thanks a bunch to the Admin and Moderator guys, these forums are a fantastic resource!
                          Fran K

Comment

Hi everybody! My name is Paolo, i'm 25 yo, and i'm italian. This site is very useful, hope to find help for my electronical problems! I'm interested in computers, tvs, consoles, power supplies, car electronics and obviosly in car performance (as you can see from my nickname, yes I own a '94 Peugeot 106 Rallye ). Hope can help you somehow! ;-)

Comment

Hello from the U.P. of Michigan.
                              I live in a small town 2hrs north of Green Bay, Wisc. I'm on the Wisc/Mich border.
                              I metal detect, dig bottles, sell high end outdoor knives and act like I play guitar.
                              Been lurking here for awhile. Been into computers since the old Commodore PET computers. (Ok..that was elementary school..but still!) My first "real" pc was a pentium 75 with a quad speed cd-rom and Windows 3.1 with the 4billion floppy disks that went with it.

From many years of PC repair/Network setups etc..I've amassed a "small" collection of LCD monitors. Going to spend some time this winter working on those and a couple of plasma tvs I have.

Comment

Hello,currently live in Greenville,SC .Started in electronics repair in the military for 4 yrs. Now working on my 39th yr as a cnc machine tool technician (maintenance man). I repair the large machines in a factory.

Found this site through one of my side hobbies of attempting tv repair. Lots of good info here.

Comment

Hello there.
                                  My name is Christian, I have 33 years old and I`m Electronic Technician.
                                  I`m from Chile.
                                  Greetings!

Comment

Hi to all...my name is Brian and I live just east of San Diego. I'm a retired Audio/Video Install & Troubleshoot Tech. To keep busy I fix tv's and generators...Keeps my mind going and put some liquor in the cabinet. Thanks to those who help those like me that can do the doing but dont know what needs to be done.

Comment

Hi all,

I am a physicist from Denmark with a rudimentary understanding of electronics. I stumbled upon this site while attempting to debug a LCD monitor issue.

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Amine and I'm an Electronics Engineer, originally from Algeria, living in the UK, London.
                                        And indeed most troubles comes from bad caps..

I hope that I will learn a lot from exchanging infos, tips and techniques..

Cheers!
                                        Amine

Comment

Found this site while researching a problem with my Samsung LCD TV. I hope this forum will help me solve it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X