Philips 42PFL6158K/12 stuck on "registering..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 42PFL6158K/12 stuck on "registering..."

Hi everybody, I have an annoying problem with my TV. HOPE someone can help me out of this.

Well, I bought 2 weeks ago a new mainboard for this TV because the original CPU died. All seems okay, the mainboard works and the TV turned on again, seems like this mainboard is from a 55PFL6158K, that is apparently compatible with the 42 model.

I have the next problem: the ethernet MAC Address is empty in the settings menú, if I connect an ethernet cable the green light turn on in the router but not in the TV, no internet connection through the ethernet.

Wi-Fi works, connects to my router and I can even use the DLNA server and all perfect, but if I try to enter Smart TV, the TV stucks in "Registering..." and never ends, is really bad because the main function I use, the "Smart TV", I cant use it so... I have a normal TV without smart tv xdd.

I tried:

- Update the firmware, nothing happens, still ethernet mac address empty and stuck on "Registering..." on Wi-Fi mode.

Things I've noticed, even downloading the 42PFL6158K/12 firmware, when the TV ends the upgrading proccess, the name of the TV still is 55PFL... maybe is this the problem and thats why the ethernet port dont have a MAC Address??

Idk, PLEASE HELP, I need the smart tv function

NOTE: Ask if u dont understand something, Im from Spain and my english is not native but not horrible hehe I think.

Re: Philips 42PFL6158K/12 stuck on "registering..."

Try to enter the service menu with the sequence MENU 1999 BACK or HOMME 1999 BACK and do a factory reset.

Comment

Press 123654 on the remote and look if the model and serial number is present. If not you must enter those numbers via the service menu.

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
        Try to enter the service menu with the sequence MENU 1999 BACK or HOMME 1999 BACK and do a factory reset.
        Ty for ur reply, I couldnt enter to service menu with that sequence, the farthest I've go was with the 123654 INFO.

Maybe is missing the service menu too?

Is there any other sequence?

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
          Press 123654 on the remote and look if the model and serial number is present. If not you must enter those numbers via the service menu.
          Hi, ty for ur reply, I've enter that menu and yes, the model and the production number is present. But as I said previously, the model shows "55PFL6158K", and It should be "42PFL6158K"...

More info: In the same menu, the Ethernet MAC is empty, and the e-UM version is empty too, I can't remeber exactly right now but browsing in the home menu, if i press the red button It shows a warning that says: "e-UM data not found" or something like that....

Any ideas?

Comment

you need to inter Service Alignment Mode (SAM). to make all change as yours 42 TV
            this mode will modify the NVM. so be careful if you don't know any of this matter.

to inter SAM:
            with yours RC, press “062596”, directly followed by the “INFO/OK” button

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
              you need to inter Service Alignment Mode (SAM). to make all change as yours 42 TV
              this mode will modify the NVM. so be careful if you don't know any of this matter.

to inter SAM:
              with yours RC, press “062596”, directly followed by the “INFO/OK” button
              Ty for ur reply, good, with that sequence I could enter the SAM, then, I replace the following codes:

*In the NVM Editor*
              Type number to: 42PFL6158K/12 (Which is my model)
              Production code to: *my serial number*

and then in the *Option numbers*
              Group 1: *my group one number*
              Group 2: *my group two number*

I found this numbers and codes in the TV's back tag.

Then I reinstalled the TV but nothing changed, Ethernet MAC Address still empty and the only change I got is when I enter the Smart TV, sometimes appears "Philips server not found" and others stuck on "Registering...", so nothing changed...

More ideas?

I'm dessperated

Comment

after you wrote the correct information at NVM. you need to downgrade the firmware to take effect
                go here and download firmware with yours TV chassis as Upgrade Loader

after downgrade you can log in SAM and make hard reset

Comment

after you wrote the correct information at NVM. you need to downgrade the firmware to take effect
                  go here and download firmware with yours TV chassis as Upgrade Loader

after downgrade you can log in SAM and make hard reset
                  Hi, ty for help, I understand that my chassis is QF2EU, right?

But here I have 2 questions,

1. If I'm right, there is no "Upgrade Loader" file for my chassis, at least, i didn't find it.

2. I entered SAM but, I dont see an option to "Hard reset" the TV.

Thanks
                  Last edited by CDiazF; 10-16-2022, 09:55 AM. Reason: CORRECT INFO

Comment

https://toengel.net/philipsblog/firmware-download/

Comment

I mean, I saw that table, Im confused, in the Device Information the "Main Software" is "QF2EU_xxx" but in the same table the column "Chassis" is empty, but the next row, "QM164E", also includes my model "xxPFL6158S/R1", I mean, can I install the software "QM164E"?? IDK, Im confused

Ty

EDIT:

Correct me If im wrong, I have the QF2EU, the "QM164E" is a upgrade kit for my model but I dont have the upgrade kit.

So, for my chassis, QF2EU, dont have the upgrade loader, at least I didnt find it .

Thank you.
                      Last edited by CDiazF; 10-16-2022, 10:47 AM. Reason: MORE INFO

Comment

use this after extract

Comment

Okay, and now how do I install the .pkg file? Or what I have to do with it?

Maybe Im too dumb but I dont see how to do it.

Ty for ur help

Comment

QF2EU
                            https://files.fm/u/9g6hd4pwc

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                              I already have that file, I installed it but still the same problem, anyway, this file is not the "upgrade loader" that mentions Diah, is it?

I dont mind about the ethernet port honestly, the wifi connection works well, I just want to enter the Smart TV...

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by CDiazF View Post
                                Okay, and now how do I install the .pkg file? Or what I have to do with it?

Maybe Im too dumb but I dont see how to do it.

Ty for ur help
                                copy the file after extract the zip on usb pen formatted FAT32 in MBR mode
                                insert the usb at the side of the tv and press Ok with rc then plug the tv in wall socket..

Comment

copy the file after extract the zip on usb pen formatted FAT32 in MBR mode
                                  insert the usb at the side of the tv and press Ok with rc then plug the tv in wall socket..
                                  This entered into the software update mode but It shows "empty", and the USB works well because I updated the firmware with the same USB.

Whats happening here??

Comment

I guess, don't waste time with software up or down grades, for what i know the sensible unique tv's codes are stored directly in the processor, since main boards for Philips are more rare than white fly, that mb is probably a refurbished one with a brand new virgin processor, only Philips factory with the use of expensive jtag programmer can initialise the processors.. thus you're fried.. shorten this painy agony... sorry.. bye..

Comment

have you asked who you bought the new board off for help ?

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                                        I guess, don't waste time with software up or down grades, for what i know the sensible unique tv's codes are stored directly in the processor, since main boards for Philips are more rare than white fly, that mb is probably a refurbished one with a brand new virgin processor, only Philips factory with the use of expensive jtag programmer can initialise the processors.. thus you're fried.. shorten this painy agony... sorry.. bye..
                                        Sad to read this, well, I guess the next buy is a Xiaomi Stick TV xdd

Ty for ur help.

Comment

Working...
                                        X