Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 65H6570F Logo shows then turns off

Hello everybody,

I had this Hisense TV since November 2019 (Bestbuy Blackfriday special). Couple of nights ago my dad turned it off normally. In the morning it does turn on, shows the Hisense logo, then the LED light flashes and it turns off. It remains in the same state.

Things I have done:
    A. Plug it off and on.
    B. Plug it off, pushing the power button for up to 2 minutes, plug it in.
    C. Contacted the customer service, They sent me a firmware update, with the file name:
    upgrade_loader_no_tvcertificate.pkg
    The zip file has this name, if it is of any value:
    65H6570F_65A6101EU_L0424
    and these instructions:

1. Follow the link above and download the file, [ ].zip. The file will be compressed,
    so using a built-in or downloaded (i.e. Winzip) unzipping software, extract all files.

2. Locate the file .pkg. Copy and paste this file into an EMPTY FAT32 formatted USB Stick.
    a. Please ensure that NOTHING ELSE is on the USB, ONLY the.pkg file.
    b. DO NOT CHANGE OR RENAME THE .pkg FILE!

3. Safely Eject the USB from your PC by right clicking on the USB(on your Desktop or in your My Computer)
    and selecting Eject , then unplug the USB from your PC.

4. Turn OFF the TV.

5. Plug the USB in to the TV s top most USB port(located on the rear of the TV).

6. Please unplug TV from wall and plug back in.

7. Press and hold the POWER button on the TV Remote Control,
    once you see Software updating appear on the screen you may RELEASE the power button.

8. Please wait and let the Software Update process finish.
    a. The Software Update Process will complete without any further user interaction.
    b. The Process should take between 5-8 minutes.
    c. Please DO NOT turn OFF the TV during this process.

9. When the update is complete, the Software updating Screen will disappear
    and the TV will come up as it normally does.

10. Remove the USB from the back of the TV.

I have followed it, the stage 7 does not happen. The TV shows flashing purple line sections on the left of the screen. It turns off and on doing the same thing as long as I hold the power button.

D. I have kept pushing the power button on the remote as I plug it in, no difference.
    E. Put the USB drive on the other port, no difference.
    F. Contacted customer service again, they said change both the power board and the logic board.

I have access to a multimeter, soldering iron, and possibly an oscilloscope. I can do some electronics repairs but nothing too crazy. I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thank y'all,
    Manny

Re: Hisense 65H6570F Logo shows then turns off

Originally posted by USmechS View Post
    Hello everybody,

I had this Hisense TV since November 2019
    rename the file from ( upgrade_loader_no_tvcertificate.pkg ) to upgrade_loader.pkg and start with point 7.

be sure yours PC showing the file extension to avoid written double .pkg.pkg

Comment

Thanks Diah, I will try it tonight and report the outcome

Comment

Also, I believe the usb needs to be 4g max.
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

It did not work Diah. It is the same as it was before.
          I do not have a 4GB USB drive to test your suggestion, dskall.

Comment

It did not work Diah. It is the same as it was before.
            I do not have a 4GB USB drive to test your suggestion, dskall.
            the rename supject of the file must be 100 done. what kind of stick you have ??? stick should be MBR mode
            shoe me the properties of yours usb stick and the file inside it
            Last edited by Diah; 04-25-2022, 05:33 PM.

Comment

if the USB stick are MBR mode formasted FAT32 and the file on it in name upgrade_loader.pkg and it didnt work to have screen of upgrade prosees... mean yours TV went to shut down as it had HW issue 100% are led backlight, one or more are defect.

Originally posted by dskall View Post
              Also, I believe the usb needs to be 4g max.
              with hisense vidaa no problem with the usb drive size, i have 64Gb MBR mode Fat32 many hisense firmware for diffrent model on it, the one i need just to rename it to upgrade_loader.pkg
              Last edited by Diah; 04-25-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                the rename supject of the file must be 100 done. what kind of stick you have ??? stick should be MBR mode
                shoe me the properties of yours usb stick and the file inside it
                It is in MBR mode. It is 8GB, I think it is USB 1.0, definitely not USB 3.0.
                Attached Files

Comment

if the USB stick are MBR mode formasted FAT32 and the file on it in name upgrade_loader.pkg and it didnt work to have screen of upgrade prosees... mean yours TV went to shut down as it had HW issue 100% are led backlight, one or more are defect.

with hisense vidaa no problem with the usb drive size, i have 64Gb MBR mode Fat32 many hisense firmware for diffrent model on it, the one i need just to rename it to upgrade_loader.pkg
                  The Hisense Logo shows up, and the backlight turns on (both for a few seconds), is it an LED backlight issue or logic board issue?

Comment

It is in MBR mode. It is 8GB, I think it is USB 1.0, definitely not USB 3.0.
                    PQI what this mean ??? are you using windows

The Hisense Logo shows up, and the backlight turns on (both for a few seconds), is it an LED backlight issue or logic board issue?
                    BL come for just 1-2 second didnt mean they are healthy. its BL issue not Mainboards at all.

Comment

PQI what this mean ??? are you using windows

BL come for just 1-2 second didnt mean they are healthy. its BL issue not Mainboards at all.
                      PQI is the name of the manufacturer. I am using Windows.
                      How do I check if the BL is the problem?

Comment

I had a Samsung TV where BL LEDs died. It shows picture but no backlight at all. If I put a flash light to it I can see picture. That has been my experience with BL. This is why I am asking.

Comment

hold on.... yours Hisense are android system.. not vidaa one... try inter recovery mode if you did and it show on the screen mean urs BL ok. then you need to clear cashe and then do factory reset

Comment

hold on.... yours Hisense are android system.. not vidaa one... try inter recovery mode if you did and it show on the screen mean urs BL ok. then you need to clear cashe and then do factory reset
                            Yes, it is android TV. How do I do inter recovery mode ?
                            BTW, there is no reset pin or hole or anything.

Comment

There is only a physical power button

Comment

I had a Samsung TV where BL LEDs died. It shows picture but no backlight at all. If I put a flash light to it I can see picture. That has been my experience with BL. This is why I am asking.
                                every sytem of TV has had his own way to handel HW failure.
                                if all what i worte didnt help you need to open the cover and provide good pictures focused high res on the power boards and the BL socket, and any voltage print layot u could fine on PCB

Comment

There is only a physical power button
                                  you should have joystik not only one button.. mean it can be pressed and push down or up or to side..

Comment

every sytem of TV has had his own way to handel HW failure.
                                    if all what i worte didnt help you need to open the cover and provide good pictures focused high res on the power boards and the BL socket, and any voltage print layot u could fine on PCB
                                    You are helping immensely. How do I do inter recovery mode ?

Comment

you should have joystik not only one button.. mean it can be pressed and push down or up or to side..
                                      It just does not have any joystick, or any other button. I have checked all parts of it.

Comment

yep, time to take the back cover off and give it a good looking over and voltage testing, seems like backlight issue.

Comment

Working...
                                        X