Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad T-con or bad panel??

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    this is yours when i wrote about tape...

and this bellow now the same way you are attacks some one like to help..

you shared your problem over this forum.. and many users over here like to help and they did by sharing their experiences and KNOW HOW.. not to put you at experimentation process.

if this doesn't suit you then do what ever you like. good luck
    I'm not trying to attack you at all. Please dont take it that way. I was actually hoping you had a schematic. I was going to ask if you could send me a copy.

I was in no way trying to attack you. I'm sorry that it came across that way.

Comment

If the TV has tabs on the bad side, rip them off.

Comment

Well your latest picture looks like what I've seen many times but doesn't have to be, it looks like you have a bad tab bond connection on that side. If it is some have had good luck with "shimming", there's quite a few videos on youtube covering the technique.
        ps, Please don't attack me.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-23-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          Well your latest picture looks like what I've seen many times but doesn't have to be, it looks like you have a bad tab bond connection on that side. If it is some have had good luck with "shimming", there's quite a few videos on youtube covering the technique.
          ps, Please don't attack me.
          Just want to make sure i know what your talking about. By tabs are you referring to what I have circled in red in the attached picture.

Also i'm still not quite sure what to make of the spot pointed to by the green arrow. Is this damage from a short or is this common to see in these panels? (as I said before I do not have much experience with lcd panels)
          Attached Files

Comment

That's a good picture, it's so close up I can't tell, is it on top bottom or side, can you show more pictures maybe not so close up?

Comment

its Normal at the rand, out side the display area..

Comment

That's a good picture, it's so close up I can't tell, is it on top bottom or side, can you show more pictures maybe not so close up?
                that is the lower left side (if looking from the back of the display). I don't have any other pictures right now. I can take some when i'm home tonight if that will help.

is that what you mean by tab? or do you mean the ribbons connecting the panel drivers to the panel?
                Last edited by Alternet; 07-23-2020, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Man, this set you had never saw picture on it before replacing BL, so theory when you repaired the BL you got short at ribbon or sockets.. after you played with tape trick some how the short are gone. to verify this theory now if you remove the ribbon only from T_CON side of the effect side you will have white clear half picture not as before you showed us.. do it and let us focus on the real issue.

Comment

Yep, do diah's test again, see what you get.

Comment

Man, this set you had never saw picture on it before replacing BL, so theory when you repaired the BL you got short at ribbon or sockets.. after you played with tape trick some how the short are gone. to verify this theory now if you remove the ribbon only from T_CON side of the effect side you will have white clear half picture not as before you showed us.. do it and let us focus on the real issue.
                      I think I might have been wrong on saying I never saw a picture. In my original post about the back lights I did say I saw the LG logo pop up for a minute. I honestly cant remember now if I did or not. But my post says I did so i have to assume the panel was able to display picture at one point and that i just couldn't see it because the backlight was dead.

Are you wanting me to disconnect the LVDS cable from the tcon or just the ribbon cables to the panel driver boards? (I cant do it right now but i will do it tonight and take a picture)

Comment

Just the ribbons one at a time like you did before.

Comment

not LVDS... only the ribbon cable between effected side and panel... just remove it out from T-CON socket side... don't touch any ribbon now at the panel socket side

Comment

Right you already know which side is bad.

Comment

not LVDS... only the ribbon cable between effected side and panel... just remove it out from T-CON socket side... don't touch any ribbon now at the panel socket side
                              Ok i just want to clarify again.

so for the test you want me disconnect both ribbons from the t-con side (not at the same time) and verify that side goes white and the other has picture.

Also i don't know if this is useful info in anyway but when doing the tap method i was taping on the t-con side of the ribbon cable

Comment

LOL... ONLY the dark side, remove the ribbon of it from T-CON Socket.. and upload photo here... other sockets don't touch at all

Comment

Right you already know which side is bad.
                                  nomoresonys HELP... i am not native English speaker or writer..

Comment

LOL... ONLY the dark side, remove the ribbon of it from T-CON Socket.. and upload photo here... other sockets don't touch at all
                                    Ok well the dark side is the side that use to be the issue.

i did disconnect that side several times after it just started working again for no reason. I get a fully white screen on the "dark side" and a picture on the "good side"

I will do it again tonight and take pictures.

Comment

Ok, well that I think is normal, now try the other side if you get half a good picture with no distortion with each ribbon removed, then maybe it's not a panel issue.
                                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-23-2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alternet View Post
                                        Ok i just want to clarify again.

so for the test you want me disconnect both ribbons from the t-con side (not at the same time) and verify that side goes white and the other has picture.

Also i don't know if this is useful info in anyway but when doing the tap method i was taping on the t-con side of the ribbon cable
                                        Yes taping on tcon side is fine.

Comment

Could it be a tcon issue? starting to wonder.

Comment

Working...
                                          X