Daewoo DT-42A1 not storing settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daewoo DT-42A1 not storing settings

A friend asked me to look at this old-school plasma set.
    It runs fine, still has a good image considering its age but every time it is switched off (at the mains) it "forgets" all its settings.
    I've had a good look around, was hoping to find a lithium or backup battery, or a storage capacitor but there's nothing obvious on the psu or main board.
    Anyone had dealings with these? I know it's not worth a fortune but it would be a shame to bin it.
    TIA.
    Attached Files

Re: Daewoo DT-42A1 not storing settings

What settings? Clock, channels? If you turn it OFF "at the mains" that is the same as unplugug the tv. What happens if you just turn it off with the remote or front power button?
    Last edited by R_J; 06-08-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Hi R_J. There is a mains on/off switch on the set so yes, the same as unplugging it. There is no 'standby' button and also no remote (but I will try and set up a universal and see how that goes). It's the channel settings that is the most noticable/irritating (yes, still using analoge tuner lol!) but it's like it does a factory reset each time it's powered down as it comes on every time with the language selection menu - even after switching off for just a few seconds.

Comment

OK, I found a universal remote, unfortunately it's the same if the set is put into standby - as soon as it comes back on again the tuning has been lost and the language selection comes up again

Comment

Working...
        X