Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 65UH5500-UA common problem?

Originally posted by hatinglgrightnow View Post
    have to take off the plastic frame and "metal bar" on the bottom of the tv by driver board and then the panel just lifts up, if that makes sense.
    After writing that realised the OP has already disassembled his to replace leds. So already knows how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by hatinglgrightnow View Post
      No bought it retail end of 2017.
      Swap the ribbon and let us know the results, of course only one half of the panel with work but at least it will put your mind at rest knowing its as simple as replacing the ribbon.

We're all waiting in suspense!
      Last edited by notallbad; 05-07-2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by notallbad View Post
        Swap the ribbon and let us know the results, of course only one half of the panel with work but at least it will put your mind at rest knowing its as simple as replacing the ribbon.

We're all waiting in suspense!
        ahhh have to work up the courage to swap from the working side to test. the guy from ebay shipped today hopefully those come in soon!

Comment

i don't think this pin the problem, see the tab of the effected side.. you may have U ribbon cable on it.. if yes then its just fitting it again,

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
            i don't think this pin the problem, see the tab of the effected side.. you may have U ribbon cable on it.. if yes then its just fitting it again,
            by tab do you mean the tab connecting it to the glass panel?
            Attached Files

Comment

NOT this, on the board... take out the speaker and the metal cover of the effected side.. see are there U ribbon cable as its 65 it may have 2 or 3.. many UHD used U ribbon.. hope yours too

Comment

NOT this, on the board... take out the speaker and the metal cover of the effected side.. see are there U ribbon cable as its 65 it may have 2 or 3.. many UHD used U ribbon.. hope yours too
                There are no U ribbons that I can see. Only those 2 ribbons I showed and another ribbon that is not attached to the glass panel.

Even after removing everything when changing the LED strips, there were no other ribbons besides the ones seen here. Moved the speakers in this pic.
                Attached Files

Comment

of course you have U ribbon..i can see one on both side its the brown color you may have another one hidden on the photo... this U ribbon.. seat them correctly on the effected side

edit i marked them on yours photo
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Diah; 05-07-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

U ribbons see photo
                    Attached Files
                    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

of course you have U ribbon..i can see one on both side its the brown color you may have another one hidden on the photo... this U ribbon.. seat them correctly on the effected side

edit i marked them on yours photo
                      Thank you for marking them! Yes there are two of them none hidden, I will try to mess around with them.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                        U ribbons see photo
                        Thanks!

Comment

Just tried switching the ribbon from the side that was working to the defective side and same result

I will try messing with the U-ribbon on the side that is defective.

Hope it works.

I should probably return the ribbons I ordered from ebay then right?

Comment

Here is the U ribbon of the defective side, how can I seat it correctly? It looks to be in properly, I never took them out when replacing the LEDs.
                            Attached Files

Comment

you need to provide a better picture of the bottom edge board on the side showing the gray vertical bar so the forum can see how that side is interconnected. As pointed out, the "U" ribbon cables interconnect the bottom edge boards to complete the drive paths. However, on sets of this size, there may also be side tabs and / or side edge boards (similar to the bottom one) that also might have some interconnect cabling.

further as a test, you can disconnect the "u" cable on the "bad" side, you should then see about 1/4 quarter of the picture go white (or black) depending on design... including the grey area should be "gone".
                              Last edited by budwich; 05-07-2020, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Oh man, think I just found the culprit

Removed the tape to see the driver board on the defective side and about 3/4 of that tab is lift off the board.

Is there anyway to fix this or am I a goner?
                                Attached Files

Comment

yep that's the problem... others may have some ideas.

Comment

what ever you do, don't take it any further off as right now it is basically holding "alignment"... you might get lucky by very carefully cleaning what you can and possibly holding it back down with something.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                      what ever you do, don't take it any further off as right now it is basically holding "alignment"... you might get lucky by very carefully cleaning what you can and possibly holding it back down with something.
                                      Yeah that is what I am thinking. But holding it down with what? Tape would work? People seem to be using ACF bonding tape. And what to clean it with?

Comment

Very tedious work, there's plenty more on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_iBM5JgE28

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                          Very tedious work, there's plenty more on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_iBM5JgE28
                                          wow his comment is "Manually Cof bonding process is totally impossible.
                                          I have shared my practical experience on it.
                                          Don't waste your time."

Comment

Working...
                                          X