• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Viera TX-L32E3B won't power up, green LED flashing

my messages over this forums are link ..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      NO, you can use your DM in Diode mode. ( peep ton ) and test each one. the reading will be if - + correct it will light on a little depend on your DM battery. and when you exchange the red and black at opposite place it should read Diod round 0.75ß-0.540. if one not goes on but read correct Diode it mean its OPEN. if one powered on but no Diode reading or it peep mean its shorted. and this most case.
      I tried this on my DVM. They all read about 0.740V on diode mode but they didn't light up at all. I'm sure all the LEDs are OK because they all have the exact same behaviour. I think I need to look at the LED driver PCB in more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by lamlash View Post
        I tried this on my DVM. They all read about 0.740V on diode mode but they didn't light up at all. I'm sure all the LEDs are OK because they all have the exact same behaviour. I think I need to look at the LED driver PCB in more detail.
        at this point then yours LED okay.. and driver too,, Panasonic never seen LED driver failed

lets back to yours PSU did the sockets had pin lable ??
        Last edited by Diah; 08-06-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Here's a picture of the connectors on the power board.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Here's a picture of the connectors on the power board.
            take the psu out and look on the down side if there printed label described the name or volts of the socket pins which connected to MB
            Last edited by Diah; 08-06-2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Can't see anything like that on the back of the board. Photos attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

Can't see anything like that on the back of the board. Photos attached.
                bad things.. so how we will know which pins PW-on and DR-on ..

disconnect MB to PSU. just keep the LED driver socket connected and plug it on and read all pins volts .. need to narrow and compare with yours first post reading

Comment

OK. So here's the readings:

P2
                  1. 5.75V
                  2. 5.75V
                  3. 0V
                  4. 2.1V (seems to be falling)
                  5. 2V (falling)
                  6. 2V (falling)
                  7. 0V
                  8. 0V
                  9. 5.7V
                  10. 2.7V (falling)
                  11. 2.8V (falling)
                  12. 5V (falling)
                  13. 0V
                  14. 0V
                  15. 0V
                  16. 0V

P4
                  pin 4 is at 3.2V, the others are 0V

Comment

please unplug PSU and discharge it carefully and make new measurement after plug in

Comment

I tried this and the blue wires all seem to be at a floating voltage. There isn't any distinct change in the meter reading when the power is switched on. I did this with the LED panels wired up but the TV screen panel disconnected. Everything else was connected.
                      What is the Voltage on the Brown wires?
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                        What is the Voltage on the Brown wires?
                        On my TV those anode wires for the LEDs are red. They are only at 24V DC which is nowhere near enough voltage for the LED strips which seem to need at least 70V per strip from what I can tell. I will have a look at the schematic for the LED driver board later today.

Comment

i took a look on the service manual of this chassis GLP26. i can say your PSU either good. we do have problem with main board and exactly at eeprom. some time load complete start script then work and some time not.. freeze it and turn on the set i think the BL will come on.

Comment

? Freeze it ? Put the main board in the freezer? Are you kidding?&

Comment

Not the whole board, just the eeprom.
                              Using freeze spray, a can of compressed air held upside down or a can of lighter gas with a nozzle on.

Comment

I'm not sure if you're serious!

About 30 years ago there was an urban myth that you could wipe the security code from a car radio by putting it in the freezer. I think it was a wind up so I'm sceptical about this too!

Comment

Yes we are being serious. You can do a search on the forum for verification.
                                  It's not guaranteed to work, but sometimes when an eeprom or NAND have issues, freezing it can cause it to work/be fully read. It won't damage it if it doesn't work.

Comment

? Freeze it ? Put the main board in the freezer? Are you kidding?&
                                    diff cleared it enough. at end its all up to you.

Comment

Thanks I will try it tonight

Comment

Hi, the EEPROM freeze didn't work. I froze IC8901 and IC8902 then powered the TV up. No change : no red standby LED, about 44 fast flashes of the green LED then nothing once a key is pressed on TV or remote.

Comment

Can you let me know if the following is correct?

1. The TV won't come on because BL_SOS is at 3.3V (asserted)
                                          2. The BL_SOS signal originates in the main board (Board A)
                                          3. The BL_SOS signal goes into to the power board at connector P2 then out of P4 and into the LED driver
                                          4. The LED driver inhibits the voltage booster circuit so the anode only has 24V on it and the PWM signals for the FETs for the cathodes are not switched

So my focus of investigation should be Board A?

Comment

Working...
                                          X