LG 60PX950N - no HDMI - partly repaired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PX950N - no HDMI - partly repaired

Got this GIANT and HEAVY old plasma TV - No USB, and no HDMI.

USB fixed, a SMD ferrite, and changed IC800 HDMI Switch TDA19997 - after this, the TV can "see" HDMI when I plug sources, but when selected it just says "Connecting" and after a few seconds "no signal" - this is true on all inputs.

( I am almost certain that no detection took place before changing IC800 )

Checked 1V8 and 3V3 for HDMI chip, is OK.

Cannot go into service mode, since this requires a special remote ( I can buy if it helps )

Any suggestions from the clever people here ?
    Attached Files

Re: LG 60PX950N - no HDMI - partly repaired

you can get into the service mode by "creating a special remote" using a computer file and "playing" the file and having an "adapter" to basically "pulse" out the "audio". There are some posts here and also on the internet.

On the hdmi side, what devices have you tried.... disc player?, computer? camera?
    Have you tried resetting the tv? Have you tried reloading the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
      you can get into the service mode by "creating a special remote" using a computer file and "playing" the file and having an "adapter" to basically "pulse" out the "audio". There are some posts here and also on the internet.

On the hdmi side, what devices have you tried.... disc player?, computer? camera?
      Thanks for the response

HDMI:
      Tried with my DVB-S receiver and a Disc player on all inputs - same result

RESET :
      Just ran "RESET ALL" from menu, no luck

Firmware reload :
      No - I can find software for 60PX950UE, mine is 60PX950N
      Should I try ?

Service remote : It is really cheap, so if this has an advantage, I can just order

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post

Now got service remote - and can enter service menu, but not much to do.

Found the correct software, but it is the same version as already on the set, I am not allowed to re-write.

Can see signals go in to the HDMI switch, and out - so I guess I probably faces a main processor failure.

Unless someone has a reall good idea....

Comment

I had an lg similar to yours
          I removed the heat sink and used a hot air gun used for paint striping
          to re flow the solder connections on the chip.
          still working as of this posting

Comment

Originally posted by Tvbob View Post
            I had an lg similar to yours
            I removed the heat sink and used a hot air gun used for paint striping
            to re flow the solder connections on the chip.
            still working as of this posting
            Well - I took the chance - and it worked

Procedure :

Removed heatsink
            Mainboard placed on toaster, driven by my vario, slow heating until thermometer said approx. 80C

Put a lot of flux on the edges and let it boil ( Chipquick )

Used hot air gun ( SUNKKO 850 ) on the chip, carefully until flux started to boil heavily and smoke

Let it cool, tested - works

THANKS !

Comment

Working...
            X