ESTAR LEDTV40D2T2 Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESTAR LEDTV40D2T2 Firmware

Any chance to get a firmware for E-Star LED TV 40D2T2. SR.NO.: VIT02C40480583 ?
    I have here strange problem. Looks like the BACK button is pushed and is on hold. When you get to the MENU, all thinks goes back. Volume shows 0 because of operating back button somewhere... Thinking about to refresh the firmware to factory condition. Thank you, guys, in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: ESTAR LEDTV40D2T2 Firmware

Don't know the set so does it have buttons on it for operation if so is one stuck mainly CH or Vol.

Comment

Yes, it has operating buttons on the side of the TV. But even I disconnected, this board with buttons, from the mainboard-no changes at all. Looks like one of the buttons is stuck. But how and where, because all buttons are disconnected from the mainboard. And remote control, at this moment, still without the batteries in it.

Comment

Reinstalling the Firmware could help or not? Any help, guys, please?
        Last edited by antas; 03-13-2018, 12:46 PM. Reason: top up

Comment

Any help, guys?Any Firmware or bin file, please?
          Attached Files

Comment

https://www.estar.eu/products/tvs/estar-ledtv32d1t1
            Probably best shot would be call or email, see if they have firmware available.

Comment

You might have some luck searching for tp.ms3463s.pb801. That board is in a few TVs.

Comment

Thank you, nomoresonys for the answer. I will try to e-mail them too.
                Thank you, diif. I have downloaded a few bins, but they are from different models (for 32 inch TVs) Would those bin files suit for my model?

Comment

Originally posted by antas View Post
                  Thank you, nomoresonys for the answer. I will try to e-mail them too.
                  Thank you, diif. I have downloaded a few bins, but they are from different models (for 32 inch TVs) Would those bin files suit for my model?
                  If the screen size is the only difference it MIGHT work, I'd ask in the email or call.

Comment

I have downloaded a few bins, but they are from different models (for 32 inch TVs) Would those bin files suit for my model?
                    Back up your old one first and give them a try. Even if they are wrong you should at least be able to test your theory of it being a firmware issue and not something like a faulty IR sensor causing your problem.
                    You can then write your old bin back. Your problem could be a faulty EEPROM maybe.

Comment

maybe try freezing/heating the eeprom it may get it working long enough to carry out a factory reset

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                        I'd ask in the email or call.
                        I have sent a few emails and have all the negative answers-they cannot provide a Firmware. They just offering repair services... I got the same letters from 3 places...

Originally posted by diif View Post
                        faulty IR sensor causing your problem.
                        Your problem could be a faulty EEPROM maybe.
                        The chip itself can be faulty? Not just a Firmware inside of the chip? If so, can I replace it with the same coded chip from donor board?
                        Will check IR sensor too, but the issue goes on, even when IR is disconnected from Mainboard...

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                        maybe try freezing/heating the EEPROM it may get it working long enough to carry out a factory reset
                        Thank you. I'll try it.

Comment

The chip itself can be faulty? Not just a Firmware inside of the chip? If so, can I replace it with the same coded chip from donor board?
                          Will check IR sensor too, but the issue goes on, even when IR is disconnected from Mainboard...
                          Yes, they can become faulty, they have a maximum number of read/write cycles.
                          I had one on a similar board although mine was stuck in a boot loop.
                          As long as it's for the same sized screen it should just swap over, the code inside has to be the same.

Comment

the code inside has to be the same.
                            Do you mean the numbers on the chip (25Q64CSIG) or the Firmware code (BIN) inside of the chip?

Comment

I tried to erase the chip on the programer-it's not erasing the chip. You can read the chip, you can save (I have saved it now), but not erasing at all. Is that means the chip itself is broken?

Comment

"I have sent a few emails and have all the negative answers-they cannot provide a Firmware. They just offering repair services... I got the same letters from 3 places..."
                                Yes, can be a pain, better to get a very popular brand tv, that way if the companies website don't have it, you might be able to find it online much easier, I know it's sold in Europe because you have one but I never heard of Estar before now.
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-20-2018, 11:06 AM.

Comment

So the freezing or heating did nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                    So the freezing or heating did nothing?
                                    The chip is on the programmer now. Can't check the difference. It should be heated enough because I took it with the airgun from the mainboard.

Comment

Do you mean the numbers on the chip (25Q64CSIG) or the Firmware code (BIN) inside of the chip?
                                      The 25Q64CSIG indicates the size of this common chip.
                                      The firmware (bin) is what is read, so needs to be the same.

Not being able to erase the chip suggests it could be faulty.

Comment

The 25Q64CSIG indicates the size of this common chip.
                                        The firmware (bin) is what is read, so needs to be the same.

Not being able to erase the chip suggests it could be faulty.
                                        Thank you, diif. So I need to get a 25Q64FVSIG chip from somewhere because it can't be erased (I trying and trying on the programmer, but without the luck). Those letters (FVSIG) are very important or the chip can be without those letters at the end? Just 25Q64? Or has to be 100% the same (GD25Q64FVSIG)?

Comment

Working...
                                        X