Samsung PN50A530S2f Power Cycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN50A530S2f Power Cycling

have you got PSon grounded with the relay in and stay in, as you said in post 15 ( you must hold the PSon to ground all the time )then read the voltages. You can not see a voltage at PSon if its grounded?

Comment

When PSon the only voltage reading on the Mainboard connector is the standby pin which is 5.23 V, all others are zero.

Comment

is the relay clicking in ?(do you hear the relay click in when you hold PSon to ground,then click again when you remove the ground ) its important for me to know this if i am to be able to help you
        Last edited by flocko; 11-13-2016, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Hello Flocko,
          I do hear a relay click when I hold PSon to the ground then another one I remove the ground. All connectors to the powerboard have been disconnected besides the mainboard connector. What do you think it is?
          Last edited by thatguy988; 11-13-2016, 12:16 PM. Reason: adding some information

Comment

you should just have the lead that would go from the power board to the main? and be putting the wire in to the PSon line of the plug that would be plugged into the main board, and keep it grounded ? then read the voltages on the other open pins of the plug

Comment

Hello Flocko,
              Only the main board and power is connected the the power board. The Pson line is connected from the PSon to GND_D5.3V and the only pin that has a voltage is the standby pin. I then redid it by grounding the PSon to the chasis and had the same results.

Comment

lets go back, you just need to connect PSon to ground on the power board and hold it there, with all the other boards removed ,When the mains from the wall socket is turned on you will hear the relay will click in. check the low voltages on the board

Comment

https://youtu.be/mUvclBfaMXg How to check power supply of your tv click this link this is what your looking for.
                  Last edited by Packard93; 11-14-2016, 05:56 PM.

Comment

His board is in a Samsung plasma and as i have told you before does not work like this, PSon needs to be taken Low, VSon taken high. LCD sets in most cases PSon high/ BLon high.This guy is confused already and you are just adding to the confusion
                    Last edited by flocko; 11-15-2016, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Hello Flocko,

I have checked the voltages of all of the metal strips located on the board. I have attached a excel sheet that has all of the JB numbers that were reading anything besides zero. If you would like I can create a photo over top of a schematic with the voltages corresponding to the JB number. When doing this I found some discoloration on the board, I have attached a photo to this post. Sorry for the delay in reply, the last two weeks have been very crazy!

Thank you so much for your help!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Does anyone know how to tell if the RTE801/802 are still working? As well as what the part number is for them. When replacing them do I have to take any precautions for the board as the backside seems to be a little burnt. I have attached a photo of the front and back of the board where the RTE801/802 are attached. Any help will be super appreciated. Thank you in advance.
                        Attached Files

Comment

nvm,saw you already replaced c102.

**post deleted**
                          Last edited by martino; 11-27-2016, 04:14 PM.
                          Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Hello Martino,

I replaced C102 as well as the IC with no luck. When doing low voltage checks on the power board when the power board is turned on there is no voltages to any of the connectors going to the main board. This makes me believe that something on the power board is fried. I also noticed that there is some discoloration on the power board around RTE801 and RTE802, which makes me believe that that is the problem on the power board. What do you thing?

Comment

The TV turned on last night and has been working good since then. There was two pins on the two relays that were not soldered. After soldering them to the board the TV fired right up and the picture is good! Hopefully it is fixed for a while! I want to thank everyone for helping me with my TV and putting up with my confusion.

Comment

Good job finding the cause of the problem.
                                BTW, the RTExxx is NTC for current inrush limiter and they are bypassed by the relay contacts when the TV is turned on, if the relays fail to bypass them then they will run hot, they are not supposed to be in the circuit once TV is turned on.
                                They are usually around 5 Ohms at 25c.
                                Last edited by budm; 11-29-2016, 08:09 PM.
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thank you Budm,

I ordered a set of the RTExxxx just in case as their resistance is around 10-15 ohms when I checked them at 18.5c.

Comment

We need pics of those relay points

Congrats on the repair sir!
                                    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Awesome work Ive had this loads on Samsungs, relays seem to unsolder over time. They needed to secrure them better tbh enjoy the Tv
                                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
                                        We need pics of those relay points

Congrats on the repair sir!
                                        doesnt joint relay picture above
                                        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Working...
                                        X