Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LE40R87BD, Still Turns on but Clicks off then back on a lot, Capacitors tested and ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LE40R87BD, Still Turns on but Clicks off then back on a lot, Capacitors tested an

So far so good, Been on a few hours now and no clicking..
    Hope it lasts this time,

Comment

Re: LE40R87BD, Still Turns on but Clicks off then back on a lot, Capacitors tested an

just woke up to a clicking TV. Not happy..lol

Comment

Just set all service menu settings the same as this

https://www.avforums.com/attachments...dx-txt.206382/

But still the set clicks off then back on,

Tried a suggestion from another user when i had a similar problem a while back which was to disable watchdog in the service menu, Tried this and again no luck, Starting to give up now on this set, Everything that could cause it has been changed has it not?

Comment

the trouble is is could be something like bad bga soldering on the main cpu on the mainboard its really hard to tell.

Comment

would you say im safest buying a new main board first then?

Comment

its very hard too say i guess you could use a fan and blow/aim cold air at each board and see if the set stays on longer that way you should be able to narrow down the faulty board is there a set time period this happens when its been running? or just random

Comment

Just a random one it seems, Stayed on the whole time we were watching it last night then when i woke today it was clicking, Left in off about 2 hours so it had well cooled down then i tried it again and it only stayed on a few mins then clicking again.... I wanna kick it at this point, My luck that would fix it... ;-)

Comment

what exactly have you replaced so far? also have you got a link to the clicking kit that you have installed in the set as trying to work out all the parts you have alread installed

Comment

Go force the PSU on without the main board and let her rip for a day or two with the back lights connected. Also it would be nice to have some pictures to be able to look at something.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                      what exactly have you replaced so far? also have you got a link to the clicking kit that you have installed in the set as trying to work out all the parts you have alread installed
                      I bought ebay item number 281089568834, It consisted of 6x 1000uf 25v caps which i have soldered in and a new EEPROM also fittied properly, The kit had 2x 2200uf 16v caps which i could not find a place for so still have these, I have also tried before this EEPROM Reset and also replaced the 2x 1000uf smd caps under the heat shield beside the processor,

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                        Go force the PSU on without the main board and let her rip for a day or two with the back lights connected. Also it would be nice to have some pictures to be able to look at something.
                        I will upload pics later today, ;-)
                        Last edited by Easky15; 02-02-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

also try what capleaker suggests by forcing on the psu with only backlights running that way it should prove if it is a mainboard issue.

Comment

Ok how do i force the psu on, I know jump 2 pins together but which 2, I tried what i thought was ps-on pin to gnd but no joy, Maybe i have wrong pin as they are not labled

Comment

What ever you do to force on the power supply, always use resistor between the power source and the pin you are trying to pull HIGH.
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I think you will get a lot more help if you post good clear pictures of both sides of the psu and mainboard also let us know what the board numbers used in this set are please remember we have not got your tv in front of us we are going from the information/pictures you provide us

Comment

Working...
                                X