Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LE40R87BD, Still Turns on but Clicks off then back on a lot, Capacitors tested and ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LE40R87BD, Still Turns on but Clicks off then back on a lot, Capacitors tested and ok

Hi, I have here my brothers samsung tv, I repaired it almost 2 years ago now doing the eeprom reset trick and also swapped the weak caps, Its now back with me with a similar problem as before but before it just kept clicking and screen would not power on this time the set can stay on for a long time before it starts clicking but once it starts it seems to only get better after being left to cool, Now i have removed all the usual suspect caps from top right hand corner of power board and all tested within 10% of the shown values,

Is it worth resetting EEPROM again or is that just for when the set wont power up at all, Or is there any other known weak points on this TV that could cause it to click off then on repeatedly,

Re: LE40R87BD, Still Turns on but Clicks off then back on a lot, Capacitors tested an

replace all caps in the top right corner or test with an esr being 2 years prob cheapo caps on the way out and reset EEPROM

Comment

Re: LE40R87BD, Still Turns on but Clicks off then back on a lot, Capacitors tested an

Maybe the usuall two capacitors on the mainboard too see this thread as has some good pictures of them
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=LE40R87BD

Comment

Ok this thing has been sitting here for too long now, Just smashed the screen on my livingroom tv so i gues fixing this is my cheapest option,

It still powers on OK then after 5 to 10 mins it starts clicking on and off, this can go on and on or stop after a while then work ok all night then do the same thing when turned on, Im guessing its a temperature affected problem as when the set heats up enough it sometimes goes away but i have no clue about these really, Don't even know how i got promoted to badcaps veteran..... :-)

I have a good fluke 87 here so can test whatever i need to determine which board/component is bad then replace that,

Caps have already been tested ok and also replaced to be safe but problem persists,

Comment

What happens to PSon pin on the PSU when it starts clicking?

Comment

Originally posted by Easky15 View Post
            Ok this thing has been sitting here for too long now, Just smashed the screen on my livingroom tv so i gues fixing this is my cheapest option,

It still powers on OK then after 5 to 10 mins it starts clicking on and off, this can go on and on or stop after a while then work ok all night then do the same thing when turned on, Im guessing its a temperature affected problem as when the set heats up enough it sometimes goes away but i have no clue about these really, Don't even know how i got promoted to badcaps veteran..... :-)

I have a good fluke 87 here so can test whatever i need to determine which board/component is bad then replace that,

Caps have already been tested ok and also replaced to be safe but problem persists,
            did you replace the ones under that metal sheild too? maybe apply maybe time too apply heat/freeze spray too narrow down the area

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
              What happens to PSon pin on the PSU when it starts clicking?
              Not sure on pinout of the white connector which connects power board to main av board but there is a 3.3v which drops to 0v then back on when set starts clicking then there is a 12.95v which does the same and lastly a 5v which remains constantly at 5v when set clicks off then back on,

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                did you replace the ones under that metal sheild too? maybe apply maybe time too apply heat/freeze spray too narrow down the area
                No vinceroger69 i did not replace anything under any metal shields, Are these the ones on the main av board?

Might add here that i also tried that EEPROM reset a few times but same problem still, I did the fix correctly just it never cured the problem,

Comment

I guess you need to upload some high resolution, straight shot pictures of your PSU.

Comment

No vinceroger69 i did not replace anything under any metal shields, Are these the ones on the main av board?

Might add here that i also tried that EEPROM reset a few times but same problem still, I did the fix correctly just it never cured the problem,
                    yes there the ones a few people have had issues with these capacitors failing its all in the link i added earlier

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                      yes there the ones a few people have had issues with these capacitors failing its all in the link i added earlier
                      Ok so i removed these caps last night, couldnt find any 1000uf 10v so instead i used 2x 470uf 25v + 1x 100uf 25v in parralel for each cap, giving a total of 1040uf 25v, Obviously these wouldn't fit back under the heat shield so i tacked 2 wires to each capacitor mounting location and fed the wires back through a hole in the heat shield and now it has not clicked once all night even though it was left on,

Is there any ways to try stress test the set to see if it actually has fixed it, It was an intermittent fault so i wanna be sure its not just a lucky day for the TV as i have had happen before after trying other fixes thinking i had fixed it then a while after it started clicking on and off again,

Comment

UPDATE##

Clicking again, Would it be worth my while replacing the EEPROM ir would this be another failled attempt, I just want the set to work again, If i got a new main board would that fix the issue? Or should i try find and replace the failed components,

Comment

upload some clear pictures of your mainboard and any writing by the connectors and we need to rule out a psu issue first what are the power supply and mainboard numbers

Comment

Need a small bit of help here, I got the clicking repair kit for this, Have fitted all the caps ok but made the rookie mistake of not noting which way round the EEPROM chip went before removing it, How can i tell which pin on the EEPROM chip is pin 1??

Comment

what is the mainboard part number we maybe able to locate a good image online also whats the location id printed on the booard for the eeprom ic

just found this on another thread

The EEPROM chip is fairly easy to identify . It's on the underside of the main board (green board) has IC803 printed next to it along with EEPROM. If you look closely one of the corners of the chip will have a dot on it. This identifies the 'top' of the chip. The legs are numbered 1-4 running down the left hand side as you look down at it and then 5-8 on the right hand side running up the chip. In other words, in number order anti clockwise from 1. Therefore legs 5 & 6 are the bottom right two legs.
                              Last edited by vinceroger69; 02-01-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

i have no problem identifying eeprom. if you read earlier posts you will see i have tried the eeprom reset with no joy so now replacing it. have it removed and i know what pin numbers are on the board just how do i tell which pin on replacement eeprom chip is pin one. dont wanna solder it on backwards..... prety sure that wouldnt end well.lol

Comment

Have repaired lots of those by REPLACING the EEPROM.
                                  Upon first start up the EEPROM will be written and set turns off. Then back on again. And hopefully works.
                                  Sometimes necessary to disable watchdog in servicemenu if set stays on for 30 seconds then off.

Comment

i have no problem identifying eeprom. if you read earlier posts you will see i have tried the eeprom reset with no joy so now replacing it. have it removed and i know what pin numbers are on the board just how do i tell which pin on replacement eeprom chip is pin one. dont wanna solder it on backwards..... prety sure that wouldnt end well.lol
                                    number 1 is usually marked with a little dot or indent on the ic you may have to look under magnification though

Comment

Example attached.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

ok. thanks folks. soldering in now then I will test and post back with results

Comment

Working...
                                        X