Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! My Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 wont turn on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help! My Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 wont turn on!

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
    Here you go! It's from a friend of mine , he has 2. Suffix sticker might be different.

https://www.tvonderdelen.nl/detail.p...3%20&language=
    Thank you Moreno83!
    But i am afraid there are to many physical differences for this card to be compatible
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok , so the board on the right from shop jimmy is the exact board you need?
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I can't find the ZT60 board , only the VT60.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TNPH1043-TXN...QAAOSw0fhXkoXC

The ZT60 might have some extra options but the VT60 board should work. There is no different audio system , just speakers connected to the board. Maybe the Vt60 board is bad?
        Last edited by Moreno83; 10-17-2016, 12:45 PM.
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I would reset the VT60 board to its factory settings and see if you get audio back.

Comment

I would reset the VT60 board to its factory settings and see if you get audio back.
            Thanks Moreno83, I did update the software, but I can also try to reset to defaults.
            i will also try to output via headphones, external speakers, and blutooth

Comment

bluetooth sound does work.and there is a setting to choose bluetooth audio only or all, it was set on BT, but even when set to "All" no sound from internal speakers, not from DVD, HDMI, youtube.

It is as if it is hard coded to "bluetooth " audio only.
              The VT card does have all 9 of the picture choices , 2 THX modes.

Has anyone heard of this type of issue?
              thanks

Comment

Did you reset the board to its factory defaults?

Comment

Did you reset the board to its factory defaults?
                  Hi Moreno83, thanks again for all the attention.
                  I did not restore to factory defaults yet, I am worried that I will lose any calibration the OP had set.
                  I guess I could copy the settings down first, that's what I'll do, Thanks!

Comment

Ok , im confused haha.

Do you have a zt60 or a vt60? Or do you have a zt60 with a vt mainboard?

Yes , write down the settings or simply take some pictures....we all got smartphones haha.

Comment

Ok , im confused haha.

Do you have a zt60 or a vt60? Or do you have a zt60 with a vt mainboard?

Yes , write down the settings or simply take some pictures....we all got smartphones haha.
                      oh, sorry, yes it is a 65ZT60 but it has a 65VT60 card in it, the ZT card got zapped by lightning.

good idea can snap a pic of the settings

Comment

Ok , so you got it calibrated with the VT60 card?

Are you sure the speaker cables are connected properly? If the factory reset does not work then you either have bad connection on the mainboard OR the mainboard is defective or the mainboard does not work with the ZT60 speakers.....

Last option is probably not the problem , they both have same wattage.

Comment

Ok , so you got it calibrated with the VT60 card?

Are you sure the speaker cables are connected properly? If the factory reset does not work then you either have bad connection on the mainboard OR the mainboard is defective or the mainboard does not work with the ZT60 speakers.....

Last option is probably not the problem , they both have same wattage.
                          thanks,
                          yes the speakers are connected properly
                          And when they are disconnected, oddly, i do not get a 12 blink error code.
                          I will reset to factory tonight, and go from there.
                          And i had a speaker from a VT50, and that had no sound either,when i substitued it in, so it is probably the main board

Comment

I also think it's the mainboard. In this case factory defaults dont matter because a new mainboard will come with same default settings...

Good luck!

Comment

Some questions... does the set have "sub audio / amp" boards for driving the internal speakers? If so, do you know if they did / did not get "zap" along with the main? What signal source are you verifying the sound with? I haven't seen any "internal / external" choices in a quick scan of owners manual... but maybe it is there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                Some questions... does the set have "sub audio / amp" boards for driving the internal speakers? If so, do you know if they did / did not get "zap" along with the main? What signal source are you verifying the sound with? I haven't seen any "internal / external" choices in a quick scan of owners manual... but maybe it is there somewhere.
                                Hi budwich
                                for internal sound source there is a flowery test page you access from self-test,
                                it notes you should see a picture and hear music. (no audio)
                                Also somewhat internal, NETFLIX and Youtube
                                for external input, I tried the RCA jacks for AV input from a DVD player. (no audio)
                                also each HDMI input from cable box output.

There isn't any hardware between the "A" board and the speakers.
                                And this is a replacement "A" board, it did not get zapped, in case there is some amping in line.
                                I am leaning more towards bad "A" board rather than compatibility issue.
                                I will have a 65ZT60 card to try within a week, and that should confirm that its the VT card, or I don't know what else.

But planning on reverting to factory defaults tonight.
                                thanks for the help!

Comment

ok... thanks for the extra info. :-( have you tried any of the digital audio outs?

I guess one other question is what is your speaker control set to? :-)
                                  Last edited by budwich; 10-18-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                    ok... thanks for the extra info. :-( have you tried any of the digital audio outs?

I guess one other question is what is your speaker control set to? :-)
                                    No, I have not tried digital audio out, I will check the manual to do that, goid idea.
                                    And yes , speaker level is adaquate
                                    Thnx!

Comment

ok... but I am not talking about "speaker level"... I am talking about "speaker control"... :-) I seem to recall lots of discussion about pany "screwing" this up.... maybe yours isn't set right. When you go into the sound "settings", what options are you seeing?

Comment

Oh ok, I have the setting on auto detect to determine if ext speakers are connected. And in the bluetooth setting I have "All" selected for both bluetooth and normal simultaneously

Comment

hmmm... not quite what I am thinking.... under what "tab" is the "auto detect" and what other options are there in that "sub tab"?

Comment

Working...
                                          X