Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! My Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 wont turn on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! My Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 wont turn on!

Hi all! New to badcaps forum...but I have a big problem that I'm hoping all of you can help me troubleshoot figure out.

I had a really bad storm here in WV area this week. The power never went out, but our house shook every time there was thunder/lightning. Storm was on top of us. it was bad.

all my components plugged into my surge protector survived - save one. my Panasonic 65 inch ZT plasma will not power on.

The red light on front of tv isn't even visible - even after unplugging tv and plugging back in, trying a different outlet, etc.

i am so pissed. i love this tv.

i have squaretrade for this set - they ordered a new main board and power board for it, but they called me a day later and said the parts for this are on extended backorder, which they won't allow a claim to stay on extended backorder for parts. of course, they offered a replacement, which i don't want, and of course, the set they offered was a vizio 4k led set, which I really dont want.

The ZT plasma is a one of a kind. I don't want to lose it.

so, no red light at all on front of tv set. The tv won't power on/does nothing at all when you press power button.

Does that sound like the main board to you (the "A" board the main board I believe)? or is the power supply board? Or both?

if so, any idea where i can get one (the main board)? i have searched online but have been unsuccessful so far.

any help you could provide would be most appreciated. sick to my stomach over this. first step is to identify what part went wrong since squaretrade wont send anyone out to examine the set since they say the parts are on extended backorder.

thank you all!

Re: Help! My Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 wont turn on!

Sounds like a bad mainboard. Could you please take some pictures of the backside with all the boards and take a picture of the mainboard?
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

P and sub P boards you can get from Shopjimmy. A little over $100 for both. I would not get these and hope, I'd see what can be done with the main as I think that could be the culprit

Contact encompass and see if these are available as they show ship date 09 Aug2016, that may be just an automated estimate.

https://www.encompassparts.com/item/...UUUUS/Pc_Board

Looking at the prices with labour it could be $700 or more.

If there is no way of getting new, try contacting

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/

They do rebuilds but do not list these so they may not have any way to test, worth a go.

If they can, then I would seek a payout , keep it, and try replacing the boards yourself which is easy enough.

I would see if they will let you keep it anyway. get a replacement and hope an opportunity arises for some parts but I would presume these models are rare.

Don't think a VIVO would be a satifactory brand though. I'd want at least the same brand, maybe a main stream brand at least.
      Last edited by tw2005; 07-30-2016, 01:31 AM.

Comment

I would test the power supply first by checking the standby supply is working
        My pc
        CPU : AMD PHENOM II x4 @ 3.5Ghz
        MB : ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3
        RAM : Kingston ValueRAM 16gb DDR3
        PSU : Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
        GPU : ATI Radeon HD 6850

Comment

I have not looked at the schematics yet but the mainboard on the 50VT50 turns on the 5stby on the powersupply so dont get fooled by that.

Whats the partnumber? I might know a place to get them.

I can get you a brand new TXN-A1APVE TNPH1043 for 100 euro. Thats about $110.
          I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
            Sounds like a bad mainboard. Could you please take some pictures of the backside with all the boards and take a picture of the mainboard?
            i would love to, but i canrt get tv off the wall mount on my own,. the set is 120 pounds and huge. i will take pics when i can recruit help, which might be a few days

Comment

I have not looked at the schematics yet but the mainboard on the 50VT50 turns on the 5stby on the powersupply so dont get fooled by that.

Whats the partnumber? I might know a place to get them.

I can get you a brand new TXN-A1APVE TNPH1043 for 100 euro. Thats about $110.

i appreciate the offer, but the main board A part number in the U.S. for this Panny is TXN/A1UUUUS (TNPH1043UE).

you're quoting me the euro version of this part. aren't there going to be differences operationally when you stick the euro board into the U.S. version of the tv set?

like i said, part number i THINK i need is Panasonic TXN/A1UUUUS (TNPH1043UE) A Board for TC-P60ZT60

Comment

Originally posted by joshnz View Post
                I would test the power supply first by checking the standby supply is working
                how would i do this? apologies, i genuinely don't know.

Comment

I just got it from a dutch site where you can order the part. Its not my board haha.

The tv would work i think , might just be firmware related. I got a UK mainboard in my VT50.

Comment

I just got it from a dutch site where you can order the part. Its not my board haha.

The tv would work i think , might just be firmware related. I got a UK mainboard in my VT50.
                    i understand. i appreciate the help. i just want to buy the main board I KNOW will work for this, the US version.

anyone else able to help out here? power supply probably not culprit since i dont even have the red light on the front of the set?

Comment

Originally posted by thelouisman View Post
                      i understand. i appreciate the help. i just want to buy the main board I KNOW will work for this, the US version.

anyone else able to help out here? power supply probably not culprit since i dont even have the red light on the front of the set?
                      did you read my post #3?

Comment

I found the service manual for the 65VT60 , similar as the ZT.

Its acting the same as on my VT50.
                        There must be 5V on the power supply , check if you have 1 pin on P6 that has 5V. I'ts probably the only thing you are going to measure on P6. I think its pin 6 on P6 , labeled as EV5V.

5V is going to the mainboard to IC5000 which turns on the 5VSTBY on the power supply.

Can you check that? Could you also take some pictures of the boards? We don't see these tv's on this forum.....

Comment

On that IC5000 you must measure the EV5V and if that ic works you will also measure 3.3v. Im sure you won't measure 3.3v as its turning on the front panel led.

I hope you got 5V on P6.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                            did you read my post #3?
                            i did. thank you for the suggestions. i have contacted both; no responses yet due to the weekend.

i think i'm going to ignore all boards excelt for the main board and possibly the power supply for now. if thise dont work, once i ever find a main board, then i will look at the other boards.

Comment

Hi, I am jumping in this thread having seen this TV.
                              As the OP noted, the TV was zapped by a power surge, the A board was fried.
                              He replaced the A board with the board for the p65vt60 and spliced the fan connections into the 6 pin jack. The fans work, picture is good, but there is no audio. I updated the software, and still no audio, the audio select is set to auto. Could there be another setting I am missing? Would anyone know if the card for the VT (TNPH1043UC) can be compatible with the ZT audio system. The correct card for the 65ZT is TNPH1043UE.
                              Thanks very much for any details, the ZT card is nearly impossible to find.

Comment

Do you get sound from the headphone input? Not sure if this board has one.....

Comment

Hi Moreno83
                                  do you have any Euro or UK links for TNPH1043UE TXN/A1UUUUS
                                  for TC_P65ZT60?
                                  thanks!

Comment

Here you go! It's from a friend of mine , he has 2. Suffix sticker might be different.

https://www.tvonderdelen.nl/detail.p...3%20&language=

Comment

Do you get sound from the headphone input? Not sure if this board has one.....
                                      Hi
                                      I did not have time for any troubleshooting, at this point I only know there is no audio on the e-help self test page of the flowers.

Thanks for the fast response!

Comment

Originally posted by djw43 View Post
                                        Hi
                                        I did not have time for any troubleshooting, at this point I only know there is no audio on the e-help self test page of the flowers.

Thanks for the fast response!

Haha your welcome , i am really jealous! Im still searching for a defective VT/ZT60 to replace my VT50.
                                        Do you use the swipe function on this model? And how does it work?

Comment

Working...
                                        X