Panasonic Plasma TX-P50GT30B - 7 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Plasma TX-P50GT30B - 7 blinks

My Panasonic Plasma has stopped working. On power on the green flashes fast for a few seconds then the red flashes 7 times. From reading online this is likely to be the SC board. Though it could also be SD / SU boards. Is this correct?

Is there anyway to definitely prove it is the SC board? There are repair services for the board that cost between £70 to £100 and I don't want to waste money on it if it is not that board.

The board part number is TNPA5335 BG. I've seen a TNPA5335 AG board on ebay that came from a TX-P50GT30B. Are the BG and AG boards compatible?

thanks

Re: Panasonic Plasma TX-P50GT30B - 7 blinks

You need a DMM, have you got one with diode tester mode ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
      You need a DMM, have you got one with diode tester mode ?
      Yes I have a DMM with a diode tester mode.

Comment

After following the troubleshooting flowchart for 7 blinks on page 51 in the attached guide.

I have a short circuit on Vsus. After plugging P2 and P11 on the P board. The short is only on pin1 on SC2 on SC board. And not on P or SS board.

After removing the SC board from the plasma and testing across SC2 there is a short there. So the SC board is definitely damaged. I'm going to send the SC board away to get repaired as the soldering is beyond my skill level.

Going by the flowchart it only points to the SC board being damaged. Is this correct? Or can the SD /SU boards be damaged aswell. Because if they caused the SC board to go, when I put back in the repaired SC board, could the SU / SD blow the SC board again?

Is there anyway to test the SU /SD boards? And is there a certain way I power up the plasma when I replace the SC board?
        Attached Files

Comment

Most likely, SU or SD caused the damage to SC. Perform the test that you can find on this forum..See slide 56 in your manual.
          Last edited by ljintexas; 04-23-2016, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ljintexas View Post
            Most likely, SU or SD caused the damage to SC. Perform the test that you can find on this forum..
            What is the test? Is it going across each output pin from the SD / SU board and to VFG using diode test mode on DMM? I don't get any short circuits, so does this mean the SU and SD boards are good?

Comment

Working...
            X