Panasonic BluRay DMP-BD871 Freezes on hello display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic BluRay DMP-BD871 Freezes on hello display

I was given this unit to tinker with. When you first turn it on it appears to start fine...the display will say hello. You can eject the tray insert a disc and the tray will return. Then thats it. No functionality. Tray will no longer respond. Just one eject and return....Display never changes from "Hello"

Any ideas where to start checking?
    Last edited by Steelhack; 03-23-2016, 11:16 AM.

Re: Panasonic BluRay DMP-BD871 Freezes on hello display

Can you hear the disc spin up?

Maybe a firmware update will solve it:

http://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/DMP-BD87.html

Comment

the disc does spin...I have the case apart and can actually watch it spin.

Comment

Is anything being displayed on the TV or monitor that you have the player connected to?

Comment

nothing is being displayed

Comment

need some test. insert USB at the front panel then plug it on at AC, keep eyes on the led indicator of the usb will light on / blinking or not.

use normal CD audio track and insert it, Hello will change to show track No or not.

Comment

With USB plugged in...Light comes on and stays steady NO BLINK

With music CD in...disc continues to spin....HELLO still on display

Comment

its locked. need firmware to play on.

Comment

Attempting firmware update now. 5 minutes into what it says could be a 12 minute update.

Not sure its going to do anything....Does not seem to be much activity outside of the disc spin....although I do here a rapid tick tick tick tick repeating that I did not hear when a movie or music CD was spinning.

Will edit post in about 15 minutes

EDIT 1 - I am doing the CD fw update opbviosly since I have no signal being sent to a screen

Comment

tick tick tick tick repeating its laser lens positioned to relocated data on cd.

its sign of life

Comment

Been about 20 minutes...no change. Hello never left the screen and is still present. Im going to let it go a bit longer and then attempt the basic RESET I read about while letting this run.

I have an 88A and when I tested the Caps they all seemed ok

Comment

no go on firmware update...no go on reset.

System becomes unresponsive almost immediately after boot. I get 1 open from the open lose button...and then I have to push back to close manually.

Comment

the sadness o service manual available from Panasonic, is it the main board the small one ? could you upload photo of it.

Comment

Here are pics of both boards. If you need more or better ones I can get them
                            Attached Files

Comment

on photo No2, the caps look funny, and the area around like some one try to repair AV section. take close look on them.

try to download this update again and write it on new CD-R not other one like CD-RW. and the eeprom with label on the Photo, heat it while you play the CD,

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...7/bd77_na.html
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Diah; 03-27-2016, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Steelhack, Were you ever ale to resolve the "Hello" issue? I have the exact same problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X