Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vizio JV50P HDTV10A Sometimes sound, sometimes video...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio JV50P HDTV10A Sometimes sound, sometimes video...

Hi guys, I have just newly acquired one of these sets and the symptoms are as follows: from a cold start, you either get sound and no picture, or picture and no sound. If you turn off the set and let it be for about 15 minutes, you can turn it on again and you might just get both sound and picture at the same time. Picture looks fine and sound is great. Any ideas on where to start my troubleshooting? This will be my first crack at fixing a plasma, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated! I have searched the forum and have not found my exact issues, hence the new thread.

Thanks in advance!
    Hey, you know computers... let me ask you something. I have this TV....

Re: Vizio JV50P HDTV10A Sometimes sound, sometimes video...

read the stickies at the top of the list, pics are a good start.

Comment

try heating up the main board with a hairdryer, see what that does.

Comment

First reseat all of the connections. Power and LVDS.

If still not correct then we need Pics and some voltage measurements from PSU.

If your PSU part # is AAX30284301 then read this thread for testing PSU.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...9&postcount=14

If not then disregard.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks guys. Sorry about the no pics on initial post. I was not sure what or what not to do, so did not open unit up yet. Will do tomorrow and report back. Again, thank you so much for the guidance.

Comment

Finally got to open up the back of this heavy beast. Looks like a bad cap issue. Pictures show the evidence. I have heard of a cap kit for this set. Should I replace all the caps that come in this kit or just replace the bad ones? I would assume all of the caps from the kit. I hope replacing these parts will alleviate the issue!
            Attached Files

Comment

Replace all the caps in the kit for reliability reasons. the ones that aren't Looking bad will go eventually from heat and stress
              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Replace all but the 4 large caps. I think there are 25 or so.

The 2 large 450v 330uf,1 450v 68uf and 1 250v 820uf probably wont need changed.

All of the caps have the same hours on them, some have more stress than others. I like to change all of them to prevent having to open it up and replace others at a later time.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicSmoke View Post
                  Replace all but the 4 large caps. I think there are 25 or so.

The 2 large 450v 330uf,1 450v 68uf and 1 250v 820uf probably wont need changed.

All of the caps have the same hours on them, some have more stress than others. I like to change all of them to prevent having to open it up and replace others at a later time.
                  The places I see selling cap kits only show 16 at most. Is there a comprehensive list of all 25 and their values? I want to be sure to have all 25 at my disposal when I start to do the work. Thanks for you help!

Comment

you have the board. so identify the missing ones?

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                      you have the board. so identify the missing ones?
                      True, but I could make a mistake. Hence the request for a comprehensive list. This and the fact that there are no stores in my area that sell these components. If I missed something or made a mistake, I would have to order online again and delay repair. I would like to get it all completed in one shot if possible.

Comment

Local stores are unlikely to have the correct capacitors. You will need to order them from Digikey or other electronics supplier.

Radio shack caps are not for use in a PSU.

Write down the values of each cap Uf and Volts then look for the series code. Usually 2 sometimes 3 letters on electrolytic caps. For instance RH, SK SG, and PT are what I have handy to reference.

Then search for manufacturers datasheet for each to find impedance and ripple current.

If they are somewhat common post the list and we can help determine what would be the correct replacements.
                        Last edited by MagicSmoke; 02-18-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kidyubyub View Post
                          True, but I could make a mistake. Hence the request for a comprehensive list. This and the fact that there are no stores in my area that sell these components. If I missed something or made a mistake, I would have to order online again and delay repair. I would like to get it all completed in one shot if possible.
                          Just like Santa Clause: Making a list and checking it twice! If you missed something and have to reorder, that is "education money", so better to double check the double check!

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                            Just like Santa Clause: Making a list and checking it twice! If you missed something and have to reorder, that is "education money", so better to double check the double check!
                            Shut up... just shut up... you had me at Santa Claus.

Comment

Working...
                            X