Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technika X22/14B-GB-TCD-UK LCD screen went dark

Hi All, First Thread so be gentle

Technika X22/14B-GB-TCD-UK LCD screen went dark. Upper half for a short time then the full screen went dark, still got sound and picture visible using a torch. Checked on start, backlights come on for 1 / 2 seconds then backlights switch off, DVD cycles, sound from speakers, Technika Logo visible, Menu functions etc visible with torch. LED on Front cycles from standby through amber then stays on green Everything seems to operating as normal except for backlights. I changed the Inverter as a cheapest option, but TV still has the same fault, any suggestions Please.
    Thanks
    Fred
    I don't like to leave a job I started unfinished

Re: Technika X22/14B-GB-TCD-UK LCD screen went dark

Pictures of boards ?

Comment

im assuming this tv is a 22"?,if it is ,and you have replaced the inverter,its very likely that the ccfls,(assuming not led tv)are failing/failed,and that would come under panel failiure.and not really worth it,another problem it could be,is that the psu may not be outtputting the correct voltages due to bad caps,underpowering the inverter
      Last edited by multimeter; 03-10-2014, 02:04 PM.
      fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
      please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Hi Multimeter,

Thanks for the info. yes it is a 22" and not worth spending much on, PSU went about 6 months ago but there are no visible sign's of faults on the new one. or any cap's boards etc, but that doesn't mean the fault's aren't in there hiding

I have been reading a thread with the same fault, different set, so I will follow it and see what develops there, may give me a hint.

I was wondering if there is a way to bypass inverter protection, to test out the panel backlights that way?
        I read this thread but not sure if it is the way to go,
        Technika 22" - X21/14C-GB-TCD-UK - 2 secs to black
        Thanks Fred
        Last edited by Fred53; 03-11-2014, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred53 View Post
          Hi All, First Thread so be gentle

Technika X22/14B-GB-TCD-UK LCD screen went dark. Upper half for a short time then the full screen went dark, still got sound and picture visible using a torch. Checked on start, backlights come on for 1 / 2 seconds then backlights switch off, DVD cycles, sound from speakers, Technika Logo visible, Menu functions etc visible with torch. LED on Front cycles from standby through amber then stays on green Everything seems to operating as normal except for backlights. I changed the Inverter as a cheapest option, but TV still has the same fault, any suggestions Please.
          Thanks
          Fred
          had the same problem bought this tv thinking it was the invertor to only find out the replacement did not work so swopped screens due to having another one of these with a power issue and all working
          i might have a spare screen laying around you can have,but ill check to be sure first

Comment

Hi sordids999,
            Thanks for that, I will look on ebay and see if I can find one as well.
            I might find a working one cheap, I don't like to leave a job I started unfinished
            Thanks Fred.

Comment

the inverter ccfl plugs will be the small white connectors ,if you have any spare ccfl tubes lying around,you can use them to plug into the inverter,if they light up,and dosent shut down the tv,then its safe to say the tubes are gone(or even just one will cause this fault).
              fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

I have seen two of these now, both bad CCFL tubes.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tom's seen two.....

I guess I must have seen 200--ALL with bad CCFL tubes.....

I dont even bother with 'em now

TESCO'S Finest Shit!
                  TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                  http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                  PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                    Tom's seen two.....

I guess I must have seen 200--ALL with bad CCFL tubes.....

I dont even bother with 'em now

TESCO'S Finest Shit!
                    oddly,ive fixed around 20-25 of these,and only about 5 had CCFL issues!

i guess different factory's have different perks .........

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
                      oddly,ive fixed around 20-25 of these,and only about 5 had CCFL issues!

i guess different factory's have different perks .........

I haven't got a spare CCFL, is there any sort of ballast that I could use instead to test each socket on the invertor?

Comment

Make two of them for testing.
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...er+testing+cfl
                        Never stop learning
                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post

Thanks for that Gem, budm, I will be testing soon

AARGH Just checked my spares and only got 8w 9w and 11w will I be able to use 11Watt? by any chance!
                          Last edited by Fred53; 03-14-2014, 10:26 AM.

Comment

8, 9, 11 W in the form factor as shown in my pictures are fine, its the higher Wattages are the one that may not work.
                            Never stop learning
                            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Brilliant Thanks again budm

Comment

What's the panel number I got a few laying around ?

Comment

Originally posted by sordids999 View Post
                                  What's the panel number I got a few laying around ?
                                  I haven't stripped it down that far yet, sordids999, I had a look but the number must be under a board. the inverter was easy to get to 2 screws, I changed it like i said earlier, but same fault CCFL's on for a flash, when I get it stripped I will PM you the number ok, Thanks for the help.

I want to try this 11W test bulb idea from Budm first, cool idea
                                  Last edited by Fred53; 03-14-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X