scratches on tv lcd screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scratches on tv lcd screen

Hi guys any good tips on how too remove scratches on lcd screens i have two sets with a couple of scratches on the lcds and would like too try and remove them as makes re sale easier many thanks

That would depend on how deep the scratch is. This tip was told to me, Spray a little WD-40 in the scratch and let it sit for a minute or so. Rub it out with a micro soft cloth. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.

Comment

Originally posted by handsworth View Post
      That would depend on how deep the scratch is. This tip was told to me, Spray a little WD-40 in the scratch and let it sit for a minute or so. Rub it out with a micro soft cloth. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
      well when i run my finger nail across them i can feel them so quite deep i will try the wd40 tip thanks,
      Last edited by vinceroger69; 05-16-2024, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I tend to use Tcut for getting scratches off the screen. The thought came to me when realising that I have used it before to clean the front lenses of the headlights on cars before. This works providing it hasn't gone through very deep, but worth a try You will need to clean the screen after use though.
        Good luck

Comment

Be careful with that. Most screens now have a coating for glare purposes and that will remove the coating making it worse. I know as I have tried.

sometimes you can use an eraser the the old pink square ones and lightly rub it. Sometimes it works but usually helps make it less noticeable if nothing else

Comment

Some good quality toothpaste on a soft cotton cloth and buff in circles with light pressure so as not to crack the screen. Toothpaste has microscopic granules in it almost like a very fine sandpaper. Works great for light scratches. Won't harm any screen films. Just wipe off with damp wet rag or paper towels. Won't work for deep scratches though.

Comment

Originally posted by cheeky2 View Post
              I tend to use Tcut for getting scratches off the screen. The thought came to me when realising that I have used it before to clean the front lenses of the headlights on cars before. This works providing it hasn't gone through very deep, but worth a try You will need to clean the screen after use though.
              Good luck
              Thie tv i tried to remove the scraches on has failed backlights its a 2019 phillips 55 inch, i tried t cut as yes used on my car headlights the issue is i think the lcd has a antiglare coating on like someone else mentioned, as it has left some patches on the areas i tried over the scratches i might try doing the whole screen so it matches but then once i repair the backlights im wondering how the picture will look

Comment

Indeed it does take off some of it, however when you have the screen on it is barely noticeable. I have also used the Tcut on monitors as well with a reasonable amount of success.

Comment

Matte finish lcd surface is the common one, it has a plastic foil called polarizer, if it is removed the image cannot be displayed, since it is probably hard plastic type like pvc , i know pure acetone can dissolve abs, maybe also pvc, the goal is to try apply it only in the trace, one can try a child marker pen (sorry dont remember the name) , remove the "ink cartridge", and put the acetone, pass the tip along the.scratch and wait the borders melts toghether.. it's an idea..
                  Last edited by Davi.p; 05-21-2024, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X