Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

Yes, you want the TV to do that power light up briefly.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yeah I just realised it doesn't even bother trying to turn on unless the other boards are plugged in.

0 on voltage test when power button is pressed.
      1 on resistance test when TV is unplugged.

Comment

On the resistance test, I do get a reading when it's on 20M - 1.45

Comment

BTW - I retried that hair dryer on caps thing yesterday too, since I put the new IC in, but it didn't work.

Comment

You using 20VDC scale? 0.00V?
            No short, so it must be in ckt that feeds that part.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes - for 20DCV, I got 0.00.

But I did get something on resistance test when moving up to 20M.

Comment

Now I need you to test the macro mode of your camera. Best pic you can get of area around J38 (bottom, green side)? Need to see small parts and traces.

Comment

I posted some pics in #214. They should zoom in when you click the magnifying glass. Do you need closer than that?

Comment

Didn't see those. I've highlighted some points to ohm out. Please test between the RED and each BLUE points in 2000 ohms. If I have the circuit right, they'll all show near zero.

Also, the part# of IC301 would help too
                    Attached Files

Comment

I pulled the board out to test.

Point 1 - 0.01
                      Point 2 - "1"
                      Point 3 - "1"

DDA002B
                      PAA0909G

Comment

OK, let's try again. Test as before.

DDA002B is available, but appears to be a proprietary Delta part (most likely specifically marked rather than dedicated design, but it makes it hard to find a datasheet for it.)
                        Attached Files

Comment

I found a C variant as an ON SEMI component, 19pin. Do you think this pinout helps at all?

http://pinout-circuits-images.dz863.com/30/DDA002C.jpg

Comment

http://www.dz863.com/circuits-2-8160...ation-Circuit/

Comment

http://www.datasheetlib.com/datashee...html#datasheet

Comment

Nice one... Looks like a good match

Comment

you're welcome

Comment

You guys are really great at this, and I appreciate all of your help. I think if I were better at this, we would be farther than we are :/

I will retest in a bit, but I have a question. Someone on my local Craigslist just posted my exact same model and chassis for $35. It stays turned on, but no picture.

I'm thinking of offering him $20 for it and trying the power board in mine. I've been eying boards, and my chassis is out-of-stock everywhere, and if it ain't, it's $100 plus. There's one on eBay for $60, but what a hassle if it doesn't work. At least this way, I can see it working and only be out $20 if it doesn't fix mine.

What do you think?

Here's a thread on the same TV, same problem.
                                    Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-30-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

i would try to get the one of craigs list if it was me before it goes!

Comment

Parts are worth more than $35, it is a good deal even @$35.
                                        Last edited by budm; 01-30-2014, 12:53 PM.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

No picture, there is a chance that big inverter transformer is bad, (if no backlight) but you can swap them over, it's just a lot of work.

Comment

Working...
                                          X