Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

Actually, D902 reads good without any IC 901 there.

Comment

It should do. I think that chip was the only cause of the fault. You can try testing it now.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Okay, with the new chip in, the D902 diode reads a little lower at 488.

Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-25-2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Absolutely fine.
          Now for the smoke test :p.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Okay. Here I go.

Comment

Pressing power button gave me a green light that stays on for about 5 seconds, then turns off. I can do this 3 times before it locks and I no longer get any response.

Just like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYCn93pz6k

Comment

Well, you got somewhere. But you probably have additional fault, if there is damage due to surge, for example. The lit up LED going out reminds me of the flash memory problem, or Norcal's voltage check.

Comment

Well, the new chip and diode still test good, so that's something.

Should I check the same chip this fellow does in his video?

Comment

Yes.... I would do that.

Comment

Actually, I haven't got the same board as he does. Not sure what to do next.

Comment

Also, I don't hear any click when I press power.

Comment

does the voltage on the main capacitor change now from when is standby and powered on.

Comment

Well I tried measuring voltages on the pins again, and I'm not getting anything on any of them. Not sure if I'm doing it right - the tip of the lead can barely fit through that plastic connector, and it isn't going very deep.

Both with TV plugged in and power button pressed once.
                            Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-25-2014, 05:59 PM.

Comment

When I check that large diode D951 I get 212 one way and 1042 the other.

Comment

You have standby LED, so for now, that part of PSU is not of concern.

Comment

Well, I have green power light.

What should I do next?

Comment

Tested main cap. 165 when TV is plugged in. It does not change when I press power button.

Same TV, similar issue here. There's no standby light on this set apparently.
                                    Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-25-2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Tried to turn it on with main board disconnected. No green power light or anything.

Comment

Well, I was looking through the service manual again (for a different chassis anyway), and at the beginning of page 5 it explains how the Power Failure Circuit works. What it describes is exactly what my TV is doing: "CPU will turn the unit off in 1.5 seconds" and ". . . set will enter standby mode".

It gives the same instructions that Norcal followed in his video, but since this is for a different power supply, I'm not sure it applies.

I took a closer look at my board, and I do see an "800" next to the IC in question, but I can't tell if there's an "IC" in front of it since there are holes over the text.

I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly how to test the pins 48 and 23, or even if those are the pins I should be testing on my particular model. Can anyone please assist me with this?

Comment

Can you post a picture of this IC? Can try and highlight the pins - it is tricky though but if they are on the edge, it is easier.

Comment

Working...
                                          X