Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

yes, I would expect to typically find a 1N581x or UF400x type device there, so replace appropriately.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'll see if I can get some numbers off of it in a few.

What size solder would you guys recommend?

Comment

I use the 2nd thinnest I can get, 0.7mm. No bigger than 1.5mm for me.
        Chemtronics Wick also. I don't like the cheap stuff. No good, not enough flux.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hmmm, so that would be .28 in American measurement?

Would this be okay?

Comment

Yes, that would work, but it is INSANELY priced for what it is. 70 grams for $6? I can get 350 grams for that price. I prefer leaded solder but can use lead-free in a pinch. It's just harder to use lead free.

Comment

No no, I don't want lead free at all, as I understand it's harder to work with. Sorry.

. . . I can't make out anything on that little diode. I checked the schematics on what I thought was the service manual for my model, but it isn't listed :/

Oh, I have the wrong chassis.

Comment

One of the first five?
                http://www.toms-service-manuals.com/...&Search=Submit

Comment

Yeah, it's DP42849-01 - but there's only a service update there, not the whole manual.

Comment

Ah, yes. I see no schematic. You could check and see if that PSU is used in other models and see if those have diagrams for it.

Comment

just unsolder and take it out,i can see markings on it
                      fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
                      please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Actually, there's a substitute board that's used in the DP42840. Let me check.

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
                          just unsolder and take it out,i can see markings on it
                          You mean the ones on the top? I tried to decipher them -just looks like two symbols. That's all I can tell. Just got new glasses in the mail today, too :/

Comment

Here's what I picked up.

I'm gonna watch YT videos on (de) soldering tonight, and I'll attempt it tomorrow.

Thanks for your help so far.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NihonNoir View Post
                              You mean the ones on the top? I tried to decipher them -just looks like two symbols. That's all I can tell. Just got new glasses in the mail today, too :/
                              that wick etc should be ok,and the crock clips are handy to for awkward filter caps.
                              the diode ,may have a code on it,prob wont see until you remove it,if it hasn't got its full part #
                              fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Figures. I get 502 with one leg pulled out. Pushing the leg back through the hole gives me 018 again.

Comment

If the diode tests good out of circuit, something else on that board in that area is shorted. Can you get detailed pics top and bottom around that area?

Comment

Okay, I'll do that now.

Comment

Here we are.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

havve a check of d901,and the one diode above the diode you pulled out,check across them both ways,if you get a strange reading pull one leg out,and d951 also
                                        Last edited by multimeter; 01-22-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
                                          havve a check of d901,and the one diode above the diode you pulled out,check across them both ways,if you get a strange reading pull one leg out,and d951 also
                                          D951 is the one that gave me the low reading for such a big diode (compared to the others), and I've seen that particular diode go bad in other DP42849s, too.

D901 - 515
                                          D951 - 209

Comment

Working...
                                          X