Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

You can use only ground screws, but be careful of the board slipping and short circuiting something, causing more damage.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Gotcha. It's secure.

One last question - DCV 20 or 500?

Comment

DC 20V for now.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by NihonNoir View Post
          Well most of the resistors have their rating written on them and I assumed I could go by those numbers. In any case, still a 1 when using 200k on meter.

Your right but you havent said what numbers they have on and its very difficult
          to spot the board numbers. However, R1 appears to say its either 20Mohms
          or 10Mohms so I guess the "1" is definitely off scale.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I got 0 on the J38 wire.

I'll retest those resistors.

Comment

For now, I think Vcc is most important. Randomly testing resistors is unlikely to tell you much.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                Your right but you havent said what numbers they have on and its very difficult
                to spot the board numbers. However, R1 appears to say its either 20Mohms
                or 10Mohms so I guess the "1" is definitely off scale.
                You're right - I got ~5.10 on R1 and R2 with the 20M setting.

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                For now, I think Vcc is most important. Randomly testing resistors is unlikely to tell you much.
                Okay, what should I test next?

Comment

As detailed above, J38 to -ve of cap.

Comment

I don't know what -ve is.

Is the result I posted already incorrect?

Comment

-ve = short hand for negative.

0 on J38, as in 0V?

Comment

Oh I see. Thank you for explaining.

Yes, I got no reading. Stayed at 0.

Comment

OK, now test resistance (ohms) from J38 to -ve cap. Board unplugged. 2000 ohm range.

Comment

Nothing. Stays at "1".

Comment

OK, looks like there aren't any shorts.
                              BTW, did you test that when trying to power on? I forgot to mention that.

Comment

The test I just did was with the TV unplugged.

Comment

Voltage test for Vcc should be with TV doing that power on green light for a couple of seconds.

Comment

I did the voltage test both with the TV plugged in and then with the power button pressed.

The last test - resistance - was with the TV unplugged.

Should I redo the resistance test with the TV plugged in? All boards disconnected?

Comment

Voltage test was with power on, resistance with power off (almost a universal rule.)

Comment

All right that's what I did. You asked about power on and mentioned a board being unplugged, and now I'm confused.

Comment

Should the other boards be connected to the power board when doing the voltage test? I just realized they weren't.

Comment

Working...
                                          X