Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

One lead on pin 3, one lead on pin 5.

.023 one way, and a negative reading the other. I tried with my DMM on DCV 20, and on the DCV Points 2 option. Is that right?

Did it again.

DCV 20 - Black lead on 3 and red on 5 = .02
    Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-22-2014, 06:44 PM.

Comment

What do you mean by Points 2 option?
      Was that with TV plugged into 120V AC?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

i cant sleep

go back to post #44,need to check that big cap,use your new crock clips

dc volts (highest setting 500dcv?)

tv plugged reading?

tv turned on reading?

im confused with the 2 point thing too !?
        Last edited by multimeter; 01-22-2014, 06:49 PM.
        fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
        please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Sorry, I did it wrong. I assumed pin 5 started at the top instead of the bottom.

TV wasn't plugged in.
          0.00 on DCV 20.

There's a 'Points 2' option right below DCV 20 on my meter.

. . . did I ruin it?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NihonNoir View Post
            Sorry, I did it wrong. I assumed pin 5 started at the top instead of the bottom.

TV wasn't plugged in.
            0.00 on DCV 20.

There's a 'Points 2' option right below DCV 20 on my meter.

. . . did I ruin it?
            try again set it to "20" dc volts
            fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Never seen that before on a meter- maybe a built in pulse gen. Odd. Anyway, you can use DC20V for now. A meter shouldn't cause any damage, and they're generally pretty hardy themselves.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Okay, DCV 20 - Black to ground pin and red to pin 5 = 0.01

Comment

Ground pin = pin 3, right?

Comment

Sorry yes, pin 3.

I've had the TV unplugged for about 15 - 20 minutes now. Is it okay to put these alligator clips on that big cap now?

Comment

Sorry yes, pin 3.

I've had the TV unplugged for about 15 - 20 minutes now. Is it okay to put these alligator clips on that big cap now?
                      post #103 ^^^

Comment

Well, never mind. The holes in the clips are square. My leads are round!

Comment

Yes.
                          If you get 160V or so across there, I suspect the STR-A6069H is bad.

Comment

i dont think the pfc circuit is working?,your not finding any voltages anywhere !!

Comment

PFC?

I can't believe my leads don't fit in these clips. Every lead tip I've ever seen has been rounded to a point, and the insertion hole for these clips is a narrow little slit. THe package doesn't say anything about being for specific DMM - just says Alligator Clip Adapter. What the hell, Radio Shack?

Never mind - I'm an idiot. Just had to push really hard.

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
                                post #103 ^^^
                                Well, I'd planned on connecting the clips first, and then plugging the TV in and stuff. So I don't have to touch anything.

Comment

PFC?

I can't believe my leads don't fit in these clips. Every lead tip I've ever seen has been rounded to a point, and the insertion hole for these clips is a narrow little slit. THe package doesn't say anything about being for specific DMM - just says Alligator Clip Adapter. What the hell, Radio Shack?

Never mind - I'm an idiot. Just had to push really hard.
                                  most things backwards from that large cap,your going to have to test it!

pfc ,power factor correction
                                  Last edited by multimeter; 01-22-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Bout to test it now.

Comment

165 plugged in . . .

Comment

165/166 plugged in.

No change when pressing power button.

When unplugged, it slowly drains. At 24 now, and falling.

Comment

Just in case, here's what I found on Google: http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...69H-ND/3661844

Comment

Working...
                                          X