Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

Actually, I can see it better in the pictures. That's definitely an "IC" there before the 800. I just can't see it so well without the magnification.

Also, while looking at the flow chart again, I see that at least 5V Stby voltage is expected before PFC is activated. I don't have that (that I can tell), but surely I must be checking it wrong if the green light is coming on.

Starting on page 35 there's a breakdown of the pins on that IC800 chip, for a different model chassis, anyway.

Pulled the main board out last night and checked the back of it. Looks brand new. Smells fine.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-26-2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Yes, you have 5V standby, or you would not have power light.

So, what pin(s) do you want to check of IC800?

What is main board code (e.g. N7AF, N8AE...)
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

N7AE

I'm not really sure. I wanted to try and follow the directions on page 5, but I'm not sure what to do exactly. Or even if my IC800 is the same as in this SM.

*It's the same.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-26-2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I will try and find schematic of your main board and check it is those pins.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Pin Info
            Attached Files

Comment

Is that list for YOUR board?

Comment

No, it's for the 00 chassis. I have 01.

According to ShopJimmy tho, if I'm reading correctly, they use the same main board, but not same power board.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sanyo-n7ae-...-p42849-00.htm
                Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-26-2014, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Main board in service manual for DP42849-00 matches up to my main board. I guess I just assumed that since the power board is different, the main board would be too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

OK, I'd check pin 48 (>3.6V if OK, <3.6V if error) and pin 23 (similar.) Do you need those pins highlighted?

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                      OK, I'd check pin 48 (>3.6V if OK, <3.6V if error) and pin 23 (similar.) Do you need those pins highlighted?
                      These? (See photo).

How do I check? Norcal never shows it, he just does it. Do I put black to a ground and red to pin?

What should I set my meter to, DCV 20?

TV on? Plugged in?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-26-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Yes, that looks correct.
                        TV powered on, test while green light is lit.
                        DC 20V is fine.
                        Black probe on chassis.

Comment

did you read this post 6 says it a main board fault too so hopefully your on the right tracks.
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=Sanyo+DP42849

Comment

Okay, with black probe in a little hole in the chassis and red probe to pin 23:
                            0.69 when TV plugged in
                            0.69 when power button pressed

Pin 48:
                            0.46 when TV plugged in
                            0.78 when power button pressed

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                            did you read this post 6 says it a main board fault too so hopefully your on the right tracks.
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=Sanyo+DP42849

Thanks. Yes, I've seen him post that in a few places. Hopefully he's right.
                            Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-26-2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

So, you have POWER DET fail. Need to look at main board schematic and come up with a list of check points.

Comment

OK, pictures of the following chips would be useful:

IC1660 - 12/15V to 9V - small 5 pin chip
                                IC1630 - 4V/5V to 3.3V - larger 5 pin regulator IC
                                Q1651 - local 5V - small 6 pin MOSFET
                                IC1670 (if present) - audio power - larger 5 pin switcher IC

Comment

I couldn't find an IC1670. Hope these are clear enough.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-26-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Well I found IC1670 on the board, but there's nothing there.

Weird. According to the schematic, it should be there. The board listed for my chassis has it missing, but the actual board I have has it there.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-26-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Can you check:
                                      pin 5 of IC1660 = should be 9V
                                      pin 3 of IC1630 = should be 3.3V
                                      pin 1 of Q1651 = should be 5V
                                      voltage across R1684 (may or may not be present: if omitted, test voltage across pads) near IC001. See attached.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                        Can you check:
                                        pin 5 of IC1660 = should be 9V
                                        pin 3 of IC1630 = should be 3.3V
                                        pin 1 of Q1651 = should be 5V
                                        voltage across R1684 (may or may not be present: if omitted, test voltage across pads) near IC001. See attached.
                                        With TV plugged in and power button pressed?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X