Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo DP42849 - No Power At All

Check resistance across C603, near D902.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by NihonNoir View Post
      D951 is the one that gave me the low reading for such a big diode (compared to the others), and I've seen that particular diode go bad in other DP42849s, too.

D901 - 515
      D951 - 209
      d951 maybee a shottky diode,big difference,they have readings both ways but not shorted readings,test it out of circuit,these tend to go short,

i repaired a tv just recently with a shottky diode,weirdly it tested good in circuit,i removed it and it tested short
      fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
      please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Okay - which setting should I put my meter on to test C603? I have 200 Ohm to 20M.

I'll see if I can get that D951 out.

Comment

Okay - which setting should I put my meter on to test C603? I have 200 Ohm to 20M.

I'll see if I can get that D951 out.
          200 ohm scale
          fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
            200 ohm scale
            It's staying at "1". I tested C902 to make sure I was doing it right, and I got 15.7. Then I test other capacitors with the little "ZZZ" in the middle, and some of them I get readings, and some of them I get "1".

Okay no - I got my polarity confused even though I tried to pay attention to the + signs. Let me do it again.
            Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-22-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Okay I was right - I get a "1" on C603 and 15.7 on C902.

I accidentally reversed polarity on some of the caps in the array near the PS pins and got confused.
              Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-22-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Okay I was right - I get a "1" on C603 and 15.7 on C902.
                does your meter reading rise then drop off on that c603? c902 sounds suspect

Comment

if you have hair drier,can you just heat those caps up for a minute,and power the tv up?and also the group of caps next to the connector with standby voltages etc,power tv up as if you want to watch it

Comment

does your meter reading rise then drop off on that c603? c902 sounds suspect
                    Nothing at all on that C603. Stays at "1". Let me triple check.

Okay I was right in the first place - I get readings on some of them in the array, and some of them just stay at "1". Let me redo them all and write down what I get.
                    Last edited by NihonNoir; 01-22-2014, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Nothing at all on that C603. Stays at "1". Let me triple check.

Okay I was right in the first place - I get readings on some of them in the array, and some of them just stay at "1". Let me redo them all and write down what I get.
                      check both ways,on c603 it could be open,the battery power in your meter should cause the cap to rise a little and drop back to "1",simular to a flick test with an analogue meter

Comment

C133 - 156.6
                        C123B - 156.6
                        C123A - 156.6/7
                        C123 - "1"
                        C122C - "1"
                        C122B - "1"
                        C122A - "1"

C952 - 15.7
                        C603 - "1"

C952 - "1"
                        C951 - "1"

I double checked that I put the red lead on the positive solder point.

Comment

check both ways,on c603 it could be open,the battery power in your meter should cause the cap to rise a little and drop back to "1",simular to a flick test with an analogue meter
                          "1" both ways. Reading never changes.

Comment

"1" both ways. Reading never changes.
                            ok,try heating the caps up with a hair drier,on high for around a minute,then try powering up the tv

Comment

ok,try heating the caps up with a hair drier,on high for around a minute,then try powering up the tv
                              Gotta run my mom to her doctor, so I'll do that when I get back.

Reinstall board, heat caps, plug TV in and press power?

About how many minutes should I heat them? I don't wanna ruin anything.

Thank you!

Sorry - read your message too fast. About a minute. Got it.

Comment

Oh, I should resolder that diode I pulled out, right? Or can I just stick it back in the hole?

Comment

You should solder it back in place.
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Nothing

Comment

What's the part # of IC901?

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                        what's the part # of ic901?
                                        a6069h sk803 23bp

Comment

Measure volts DC from pin 5 to pin 3. What do you get?

http://www.allegromicro.com/~/media/...Datasheet.ashx

Should be around 15V to 30V.

Comment

Working...
                                          X