viore LED42VF80 flat screen tv shuts off after about a hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

viore LED42VF80 flat screen tv shuts off after about a hour

So I have this 42" viore lcd tv. Its works great for about an hour and shuts off on its own. Try to tuen it back on and it brings the logo up and shuts back off when it dose this the screen looks a little dark in the corners too. Im assuming something is over heating and causeing it to shut down. Once it cools down the tv will work again about an hour. I have opened it up removed the power board and have tested all the caps with a peak atlas esr meter and all good. There are about 4 transistors on 2 sepret heat sinks im hoping these might be the problem just waiting for a transistor tester in the mail. Anyone have any ideas what to look for or a possible fix for this?

Re: viore LED42VF80 flat screen tv shuts off after about a hour

Suggest you put it back together and switch it on - heat each board in turn gently with a hairdryer and if it is heat related the set should switch off sooner.
    When you have the board try and narrow the problem down to a component.

Check thoroughly for bad solder joints
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Is it possible the t-con board can do this because besides the power board there is only the main board wich shouldnt cause it

Comment

Main boards can and often do cause this problem.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

So I should heat up each board individualy with a hair dryer and see which on causes the tv to shut down and go from there?

Comment

Yeah, I would try that.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No response with the hair dryer

Comment

It just shut off again by itself I think its a transistor one of them thats by itself on a heatsink after the tv shut off I felt the heatsink and its extremely hot compaired to another heatsink that has 3 transistors on it and it didnt feel to hot at all.

Comment

Whatever is going on though its messing with what makes the screen light up. There are four plugs on the power board which run to the screen to power it on. Of u unplug one at a time u see a different corner of the screen is dark. Well after this darn thing shuts off on its own and u try to turn it back on the bottom left corner of the screen looks dark the tv shows the viore logo and shuts back off. Once it all cools down it powers on fine and the screen looks ok

Comment

I Have changed this - didnt realise it was LED Doh

It sounds as though there may be a faulty wiring connection to the bottom left hand bulb. Also if they will reach swap over a pair of wires and see if the fault moves.
                    Last edited by selldoor; 01-02-2014, 11:44 AM. Reason: LED Doh!!!
                    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

is that socket CONF5?

Comment

It was just something I notice after I try to turn it on I noticed it before it shut off again it dosent look like that threw the time of the initial power up and for the almost an hour it would stay on. What did u have to change?

Comment

Hi i have the same exact problem anyone can help please viore42

Comment

Dead unit even with a new power supply, We have found that the problem is inside the LED panel, To be more specific the red B+ wire on the led strips is touching the aluminum ground plane on one or more LED strips, To verify without taking the panel apart just disconnect the 4 sockets and measure for a short across the pins, If shorted then the problem is inside the panel.
                            Reason of failure is the close manufacturing tolerances, The Plexiglas reflector is to big and the corners right on the top of the solder connections are pushing against the red B+ wire on the left and right strips thus creating a short.

Comment

Working...
                            X