Sony Bravia XBR KDL-52XBR6 - Bad Panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Bravia XBR KDL-52XBR6 - Bad Panel?

I'm thinking this is a bad panel. Just want to be sure before I scrap it out.
    Attached Files

Re: Sony Bravia XBR KDL-52XBR6 - Bad Panel?

It looks more like bad video processor, possibly FRC fault. I would not immediately call bad panel, but the single pixel vertical line on the right is worrying me. Is that always there?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes. It's always there. Tried different inputs as well. It's a shame, cuz it's in really good shape.

Comment

The line might be a panel issue... but the other colour issues I don't think are.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Try a new t-con board. This looks exactly like a 47 inch version sony I just repaired. But agreed with tom66. I dont thinknthat pixel line will go away but 99% of the screen problem will
          Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Ok. I'm thinking I have another 52 inch sony from a while back. I'll see if its an XBR6. I'm thinking its an XBR5 though.

Comment

Sorry to bring back a zombie thread...don't seem to be able to post a new thread to this area for some reason, even though I've had a badcaps login for years and years!

Anyway, a couple of days back I saw the Geek Squad guy at the Best Buy next door start putting detritus from his installs into the dumpster, including a LCD TV (which he obligingly left by the side of it). Once he'd vacated the area, I went to take a look only to find a rather nice looking 40" Sony XBR6. I knew there was a good chance of something being wrong with it (I mean, who would throw out a perfectly good TV?), but I decided to drag it back over to my office and take a look. Turning it on, I found what I thought at first glance might be a bad T-con board, but after doing some research over the weekend I now think it might be at least one bad tab bond (though applying pressure to the top of the surround does nothing to change the presented image).

I find myself left at a bit of a crossroads with it. I could tear it apart and try the temporary tab bond fix you can find pretty readily via Google. But I don't know how long a fix like that might last, so I'd be disinclined to sell it on to someone, and I don't really need another TV of any description for our place. Or I could strip it and sell the parts on eBay - a good T-con board for these could bring $100 all by itself! Then maybe $40 for the stand; $25-30 for the power supply board; $60-70 for the video board, etc... I could end up getting some pretty good money out of it.

What do you guys think? Do you think I'm on the money with the tab bond prognosis? In many ways that would be better than a bad t-con board, since those appear to be hard to come by and quite expensive when one does happen to find one.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a tab bond issue. The bezel and panel surround have to be removed to put pressure on the tabs. Wish I could buy your T-Con board though.

Comment

Working...
                X