sharp aquos LC-80LE632U led tv lamp error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sharp aquos LC-80LE632U led tv lamp error

Nothing on the pinout is defined as lamp_error. Just error. I tried removing the pin from the loom and also tried shorting the pin to ground using a 150 ohm resistor. same fault. I have researched the net and found someone who had the same fault on a.70 inch version and he replaced the inverter/power supply to restore the backliight issue cause he had no backlights at all with any key combination he tried. Then had the same problem im at. Then he replaced the mainboard and bingo worked great
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Does the main board have an RS232 port on it perhaps?
      Monitor ERROR as set powers on.
      If ERROR does not change state from standby to power on, it's probably NOT a lamp error.
      Then monitor BLON, in the service state. When backlight goes off, does BLON die immediately, or afterwards?
      Last edited by tom66; 10-02-2013, 04:11 PM.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

yes it does have an rs232 port. what do you mean when you say monitor it in service state. and what do I do with the RS 232 port?

Comment

I thought you press buttons and got panel to light up briefly right? That's what I mean by service state.
          RS232 can be connected to PC, using settings in user manual. It might output some useful information.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

oh okay I get it okay so service state is when I get the panel lite up and shut downas soon as I get home I'll check it out report

Comment

Well error pin stays at 0 the whole process. However OFL is on the duration of powerup and as soon as the leds come up its voltage dies off.

PS_ON dies off after led shutdown
              Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-02-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

SDA pin is brightness control data signal
                SCL pis is brightness control clock signal
                I tried a series of jumpers jumping 3.3 volts from panel power to error and still shut down then I tried panel powers 3.3 volts to OFL pin. Same result

Comment

There is a pin labeled STB. 0v on the pin until lamps come on. Tjen jumps to 3.3v. As soon as lamps go back out it goes back to 0v

Comment

That is Stand by pin, same as PS_ON. 3.3v = ON, 0V = off.
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

okay guys it's working now I don't know how or why but as soon as I did a series of tests I tried another key combination back on the keyboard this time I used volume up and channel down well plugging in the TV at the same time and long and behold beautiful picture came up. Obviously volume up and channel down reset the main board to factory specs. I didn't look to see how many error counts are in there but it works!

now here's the kicker as soon as you unplug to TV plug it back in it's back to the one fast flash one slow flash lamp error. But if you do the vol up channel down its back in action and powers up and off with no problem.

I did notice OFL pin is 3.3v constantly now when on.

Comment

Comment

now here's the kicker as soon as you unplug to TV plug it back in it's back to the one fast flash one slow flash lamp error
                          You will have to go into the service menu and reset the lamp error reset setting.
                          The service manual for this model is available at elektrotanya if you don't have it. Internet Explorer does not want to let me download files from there, but Chrome will.
                          Section 5-4 tells you how to get into and exit and navigate the service menu.
                          Section 5-5 show that on page 2 line 8 of the service menu is where the lamp error reset is. Once you do that it will come on as it is supposed to even after unplugging.

But - whatever initially tripped the lamp error may eventually show back up...
                          Last edited by f67bird; 10-02-2013, 09:50 PM.
                          Learner

Comment

service manual shows input vol- at the same time in plug in TV but when I try to do that I get the one flash two flash sequence I can't get it into service mode. the only way to get this set to turn on is to hold down the volume down channel up button at the same time but that wont allow going to the service menu

Comment

The service manual states: Before entering the adjustment process mode, the AV position RESET in the video adjustment menu.
                              Did you do that first, while the set is on?
                              Learner

Comment

No I'll check out out

Comment

I did it. No change. Still same error

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                    I did it. No change. Still same error
                                    I wonder will a firmware update help?

Version: 312U1206131

Date: 7/30/2012

latest update

http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupp...Downloads.aspx
                                    Last edited by ecking767; 10-03-2013, 08:21 AM.

Comment

good call! Ill try that tonight. I tried to software update over wifi but it said that it had the newest version on it already

Comment

If that doesn't work, PM me the serial number and I will try to find out how to get if to come on in the service menu mode.
                                        I will have to make a call, but a serial number as well as the model is required.

There is also the possibility that it is still currently getting a backlight error (something is wrong with the backlights even though they appear to be working), and you are just forcing it to overlook the error and come on anyway now with the way you are turning it on.
                                        If that is the case, you will have to repair the problem, or continue turning it on this way after being unplugged. The problem will most likely get worse in time.
                                        Learner

Comment

If if I am able to bypass the LED error I'm thinking would you guys possibly think it's in the main board itself because power supply either works or doesn't even with the LED driver on it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X