Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIZIO VP423 HDTV10A Samsung Line vertical and horizontal lines

I got a couple of pictures to show you. TV change from number one picture
    to number 3 piture in a couple of seconds. It stays in picture 3. But vertical line shift right to left and then shift back to the right step by step.
    Please help me. I have the back cover opened. I can show you the pictures later.
    Attached Files

Re: VIZIO VP423 HDTV10A Samsung Line vertical and horizontal lines

How do your capacitors look?
    LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

A tough one but it looks like a t-con board problem.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        A tough one but it looks like a t-con board problem.
        I thought the same thing at first, then I remembered that "VP" usually means it's a plasma.

Comment

Ah yeah. Thought it was weird to have Vizio with Samsung LCD, very rare. Samsung PDP means test pattern can be initiated using 3-4 pin jumper usually to see if control board is the cause or if it is elsewhere. It looks more like buffer board or -Vsc fault.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
            I thought the same thing at first, then I remembered that "VP" usually means it's a plasma.
            Yes. It is plasma TV.

Comment

Here are the pictures under the over. Caps are ok from visual inspection.
              Attached Files

Comment

Three more photos
                Attached Files

Comment

service manual link

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    Ah yeah. Thought it was weird to have Vizio with Samsung LCD, very rare. Samsung PDP means test pattern can be initiated using 3-4 pin jumper usually to see if control board is the cause or if it is elsewhere. It looks more like buffer board or -Vsc fault.
                    Tom,

Buffer board on ebay is about $30. Should I go ahead order one?

Thanks.

Comment

I'd check all the panel and power supply voltages to confirm they are good before placing an order (see red markings in attachments). All measurements are taken by placing your neg lead on a metal part of the chassis and the positive lead on the test point. VE voltage sample on the X-main is taken differently. Ignore the VSCH measurement - not needed. Compare your measurements to the panel label specs.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by capkid; 09-08-2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X