• Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P50s2 7 blink problem

p.s :
    What's the training guide?

Comment

p.s.: What's the training guide?
      Last edited by Gies40; 08-28-2013, 04:46 PM. Reason: it is a duplicate. I didn't think the 1st post o training guide went.

Comment

You've already tested the SC with that jumper and isolation procedure. It's faulty, I'm just interested what evidence it presents at those connection points. The 5105 is very similar to my 5081 in cct design.

ebay, probably won't be cheap and hopefully you don't get a dud.

There's not an exact guide for this one or mine but generically you can get some good testing tips which can be applied across 2009/10 models.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YSUS-BOAR...item417522f79c
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tw2005; 08-29-2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

TW,
          I took the SC board resistance . .
          SC2(VSUS) + polarity 273K - polarity 22M @VSUS
          P5V 17M 22M @ SD46 SORRY, that was at pin #2
          SD 46 Pin #1 was o.o both directions
          P15V 4.2K 1.58K @ TP82

How does that look?

Let me know if any other SC readings would help.
          Last edited by Gies40; 08-29-2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

TW, would that board on ebay satisfy my SC board? My SC board P/N is TNPA5105-AB? and the TV is TC-P50S2

Comment

P5V is pin 35 at SC20 or TP16,17 - gnd or across c561. Expect 5.6K

P15V I'd expect 1.3 - 1.4K looks ok, not shorted

SC2 i think maybe 300k the first time but if you take off the probe and go back usually goes into a few M ohms.

Nothing obviously shorted, was expecting either Sc2 or 15v to show bad.

A repair kit on Ebay for 7 blink on this has these, Q421/Q422/Q451/Q401/Q402/Q661/D482/R551/R451/IC16521

Sd46 Pin 1, is gnd so O is correct for gnd-gnd

pin 2 is not P5V so result is not relevant.

Comment

These all use the same SC,

PANASONIC
                TC-P50S2, TC-P50U2, TC-P50C2 ,TX-P50U20B, TX-P50S20B

you'd have to confirm with the seller yourself as he does not give revision.

Comment

I'll check the PV5 again. I couldn't find TP16 or 17 on my board so let me try again.

Comment

probably on underside, Just probe across the capacitor.

I'm wondering if it is at all possible for 7 blink on bad SS?

SC is very common, I hate being wrong, I never take it for granted the onboard SOS is a 100% , I prefer to see if I can confirm something failed on the SC.

Comment

I'll check the PV5 again. I couldn't find TP16 or 17 on my board so let me try again.

P5V at SC20, pin 35 was 5.56K as expected.
                      SC2 did as you predicted.

Have you found the repair kits on Ebay reliable? How about the confidence factor in the kit doing the job? I haven't gotten into Ebay purchases yet but I guess it might be time to start. It has to be much less expensive that the boards.

Comment

Have you found the repair kits on Ebay reliable? How about the confidence factor in the kit doing the job? I haven't gotten into Ebay purchases yet but I guess it might be time to start. It has to be much less expensive that the boards.

I called Panasonic to get a comparable price for the SC and the clerk couldn't find the SC board number in their system. Tat was a real surprise. No wonder the SC is so hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Gies40 View Post

never sourced the kit, I can generally work most things out and have sourced from china some bits. OEM is procey and if it does not fix it or there are other issues good chance they'll blow.

The list of parts is what we could use though as a "Guide".

Q421/Q422/Q451/Q401/Q402/Q661/D482/R551/R451/IC16521

Check out those bits and see if shorted or open resistorss, burnt etc.

Only advice for eBAY, always use paypal just in case you get ripped off or faulty. Can be handy as you can lodge a dispute through them if need be and it has helped me in a couple of faulty boards because they reverse the transaction but suspend payment.

That generally gets the seller hopping.
                          Last edited by tw2005; 08-29-2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gies40 View Post

I called Panasonic to get a comparable price for the SC and the clerk couldn't find the SC board number in their system. Tat was a real surprise. No wonder the SC is so hard to find.
                            Try another enquiry using TXNSC1LQUU, I would expect if you gave them the model of TV they should be able to cross reference the parts that way, but getting the right person on the end of the phone who uses their initiative can be a challenge.

Comment

Help me understand the part numbers being different but the boards being interchangeable. I gave the clerk the TV model no. as well as the board I.D. but no luck. Most likely, as you said, the right person on the phone is necessary. I'll give them a call again today.

My household is getting impatient with my repair so I think if I can get an SC board from Panasonic I'll probably go for it even though I would like to go with the repair kit at some point to repair the existing board. I'm looking for the kit on line also, it will help me personally.

BTW, I keep hearing clerks in the stores talk about the Plasma TV being pushed out of the way by LCD, what's your take on that?

Thanks for all the help,

Comment

TW, I'm looking at the board you found on Ebay. Does the revision letter matter on the board? I would think that if it did matter they would change the P/N not just the revision letter.

Thanks,

Comment

Not sure what you're getting at. The ebay item if it is out of the TV they state then it will work , i gave you a list of some models with the same boards.

TNPA5105 is a PCB number i.e. the same bare PCB is used for a number of revisions / TV sizes.

AB 50"

look here and you might get an idea. 3 different rev, 3 Tv sizes 42, 46, 55"

Comment

definitely Plasma appears to be on the way out. Not much on the shop floors here

Comment

Yeah plasma is dying, slowly, to LED-LCD, which is a shame, because it is being replaced by inferior technology. Hopefully OLED comes soon, pay £50 for a 42" FHD OLED stuck in standby.... :P
                                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                        Not sure what you're getting at. The ebay item if it is out of the TV they state then it will work , i gave you a list of some models with the same boards.

TNPA5105 is a PCB number i.e. the same bare PCB is used for a number of revisions / TV sizes.

AB 50"

look here and you might get an idea. 3 different rev, 3 Tv sizes 42, 46, 55"
                                        whoops. Here: http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsear...lt/?q=tnpa5105
                                        Last edited by tw2005; 08-31-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I have a link with shopjimmy now so that when they get an SC board they automatically let me know via e-mail. I just hope it doesn't take toooo long.

I didn't find the component repair kits on line - the ones with resistors and transistors, etc. - Even if I get a SC from shopjimmy or elsewhere I might try and repair the old SC just to see that I can and have it as a spare since they are sooooo hard to come by.

Comment

Working...
                                          X