Finlux 32FLD760P with Vestel 17PW20.v1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finlux 32FLD760P with Vestel 17PW20.v1

Firstly I apologise for hi jacking this thread.

I am only after a quick bit of advice before I purchase a reconditioned 17PW20 V1

My TV (fitted with this board) will not come out of standby.
    I have read many posts online regarding this board (including this one) and opted to buy the repair kit from e-bay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2611811948...84.m1497.l2649)
    Having fitted all the parts, I still have exactly the same issue.

Having just read this post I have tested the main cap with nothing connected and got 387V which I assume to be good.
    Can anyone please make any suggestions on what else I could check / try before I purchase a reconditioned board.

Many thanks in advance and I apologise again.
    Tristan

Comment

When first plugged in you should get around 390V (387V is fine) which will then drop to 325~340V. Is this the case?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No. When powered on Im getting 387V which stays constant.
        I have nothing connected to the board at the moment.

Comment

You'll need to connect at minimum the main board to do some tests.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

All plugged in im getting 387V with just power on and 326V when pressing the power on button.

Comment

387V should remain for less than a second then ramp down (without pressing power button) does this happen?

Comment

Yes
                It does appear to drop off to 326V almost instantly.

Comment

OK, so when you press the power button does it rise to 387V?

Comment

Yes
                    It rises to 387V but drops off again,
                    Then, when the front LED flashes it rises again to 387V.
                    Repeats this cycle for a few flashes of the LED then settles around 330V once the LED has stopped flashing.

Comment

What do the 24V etc do when this happens?

Comment

When the Blue LED is on (standby) they are all at 0V.
                        When the LED is off they jump to 24.5V

The blue LED has stopped flashing repeatedly now (only does this occasionally). It only goes out when I try to turn on via the remote.

Comment

So all of the voltages are good?
                          Flashing LED indicates fault.

Comment

So do you think I am barking up the wrong tree, looking at this board for the fault.
                            Might the fault be elsewhere on the TV?
                            I don't want to replace this board if its going to make no difference (like the repair kit).

Comment

Well, if all of the voltages on the PSU are good, the PSU is probably OK.

Comment

OK, thank you for your help. I guess I'll save my money.

Comment

What voltages do you get anyway? On the 12V, 5V and 3.3V?

Comment

Sorry Tom, I'm having to call it a night.
                                    Was hoping someone might say "oh thats a common problem, try such and such"
                                    I will have another look and post back when im more awake.
                                    Thanks again for your help

Comment

Good idea. I ban myself from a soldering iron past midnight, and no voltages beyond 30V after 1am...

Comment

Thats a good plan, Though I dont think my boss would agree, I work 3 shifts, lol.
                                        I wont get a chance to look now till sunday. I'll post any findings then.

Comment

I've just had a good play and found the 12, 5 and 3.3 lines.
                                          the 5V and 3.3V are there all the time.
                                          but the 12V is only present when the LED pulses on. (ie when you press the standby button on the remote) it then drops back to 0V when the LED pulses off. same as the 24V.

Comment

Working...
                                          X