Finlux 32FLD760P with Vestel 17PW20.v1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finlux 32FLD760P with Vestel 17PW20.v1

Already did, 333, or around that sadly enough. Damn, well now we know it wasn't those caps either. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hmm, I just found SM for your set, if it helps:-
      http://www.tgohome.com/ServiceManual...&Search=Submit

OK, can you find C881? It'll be near one of these:
      http://circuits.datasheetdir.com/39/NCV317-pinout.jpg
      but not bolted to the heatsink, globbed down.

When you find C881 measure the voltage across it.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I think I found it, in the middle of the board. If looked at from the picture, furthest left and middle is -95v and right is -88v, but that is when I measure with chassis as ground. Or do you want me to do it some other way?

I used the red pin from the DMM, so I'm guessing it's supposed to be negative?

Edit. Here's a picture http://sparedparts.com/images/made/1...850_540_90.JPG. Mine had waaaaay more glob on it, couldn't reach pins very well.
        Last edited by Serkai; 01-30-2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

You need to measure across it. That is the right area.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

So like, pin 1 and 2, pin 1 and 3? I'll give it a try. Should the tv be on or standby?

Comment

Across C881.
              TV must be ON.

Comment

Sorry, it's just that the term measure across get's a little conflicted in translation, especially since I'm not very used to using the DMM

Edit. Would 6.8v be correct? I'm not really sure I'm meassuring this one right, it's really hard to see and reach too with the glob stuff around.
                Last edited by Serkai; 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Positive DMM probe on positive leg of C881, negative DMM probe on negative lead of C881.

Your English is better than my Swedish. I know of approximately zero Swedish words.

Comment

Haha well, that because English is compulsory in schools

I measured 5.7v, I think, could be 5.1v too, the last digit on the DMM doesn't light up good enough but it's definitely 5v

Edit. It's 5.7v, figured I could change settings on the DMM.
                    Last edited by Serkai; 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM.

Comment

That's too low. I think it should be at least 9~10V, preferably more.

Edit: according to this calculator it should be 12.6V:
                      http://www.electronics-lab.com/articles/LM317/ (input 1k and 9.1k)

If the ON/OFF signal is on, it will drop to about 1.2V, but that's not what we are seeing, it's half way between the two.

Next step, do you think it's possible to measure between pin 1 and 2 of the LM317? Pin 1 is the leftmost pin, looking at the front of the device.

Comment

Wait, I think I did it the other way around. When measuring the leftmost pin it measures 1.2v?

If you look at the picture I linked, is pin 1 to the left or right when it's put in that way?

Comment

Pin 1 is the leftmost pin, looking at the front of the device. (i.e. you can read the "LM317" label)

Comment

Ok! Yup, pin 1 and 2 is 1.2v across

Comment

OK, IC811 crosses primary to secondary. On the two primary pins what voltage do you measure across them?

Comment

Geez, 107v? Can that really be correct?

Comment

You need to measure the voltage between the two closest pins on the primary side.

Comment

Oh, yeah well then it's 0 or very close to 0v

Edit. I'm gonna head for bed, would be nice if we could continue this tomorrow but I understand if you're busy! G'night Tom, thanks for all the help.
                                    Last edited by Serkai; 01-30-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I'll have a look tomorrow. Got 9am lecture, am going to bed now ...

Comment

I look through my hard drive and found the sch that Tom or some one else has posted in the forum. Not sure which one is the correct one for your board.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

The schematic I am working off.

It's awful, such a mess, and the PFC controller is apparently a MOSFET, I guess that was a readily available footprint and they were too lazy to change it...
                                          Last edited by tom66; 01-30-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X