L32 HDTV10A Won't turn on fully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L32 HDTV10A Won't turn on fully

I recently was givin a vizio L32 HDTV10A to mess around with. When I push the power button the power light goes from standby (orange) to power on (green), but i get no response from the tv. No picture, no backlight, nothing. and once the tv is on, i can't turn it back off without unplugging it. I can't really see any obvious signs of burning or bad capacitors on power supply or main board. I just want to know which part to replace. I don't want to buy the wrong thing. I'm kind of new at this. Some help with this would be greatly appreciated

Re: L32 HDTV10A Won't turn on fully

Originally posted by p_trice View Post
    I recently was givin a vizio L32 HDTV10A to mess around with. When I push the power button the power light goes from standby (orange) to power on (green), but i get no response from the tv. No picture, no backlight, nothing. and once the tv is on, i can't turn it back off without unplugging it. I can't really see any obvious signs of burning or bad capacitors on power supply or main board. I just want to know which part to replace. I don't want to buy the wrong thing. I'm kind of new at this. Some help with this would be greatly appreciated
    This is a VERY common problem; a little searching would have shown you U33 is often bad. Currently indications are another (unknown) component is causing U33 to fail. It is STRONGLY suggested you search the forum for other threads dealing with this TV and test U33 before ordering a replacement.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

The symptoms that you've listed are common with mainboard issues. Research a little bit here using the search function and look for vizio. 32 inch 37inch and 42 inch vizio's have been having these same problems.
      The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

There is a chance the U26 has been damaged, but that symptom is slightly different (amber only; no green on power-up). It's a very tiny component on the upper right region of the mainboard that controls the TV power on. Most people probably can't see the melted solder point without a 10x lens.

You can bridge it with a 10k ohm resistor or diode (I chose the resistor), but it would be preferable to repair it and replace the component. Fixing a $700 mainboard with a 20 cent resistor is very rewarding.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...32+amber+light
        Last edited by GbreadMan; 11-08-2011, 11:45 AM.

Comment

i did some more tinkering with the tv. I tried using a standard electrical wire to bridge the connection for u26, now the power light turns green right when i plugg it in. Did i just make the tv worse?

Comment

Originally posted by p_trice View Post
            i did some more tinkering with the tv. I tried using a standard electrical wire to bridge the connection for u26, now the power light turns green right when i plugg it in. Did i just make the tv worse?
            Probably. If you are trying to screw up your TV, you don't need my help.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

That was funny ... PlainBill

Comment

Working...
              X