Vizio M470NV LED LCD Help Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio M470NV LED LCD Help Needed!

Generally the tv trys to do an error reset after 3 minutes of being on, or when you start it while holding certain buttons down. Since you left it on for a while it cleared the errors and tried itself again.

If your errors were just caused by the blown fuse (that seems unlikely), then you should be fine now. If your errors are cause the bulbs / inverters are starting to fail, then it might go bad again, (if it detects 5 consecutive failures it turns off and will not start fully again till error is cleared.
    Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

So the power supply you bought off Ebay was a bad one,and you just used the fuse to replace the bad one in yours?Did you buy it knowing it was bad?

I just read that you got your TV going.Seems odd that it would just start working.When you first plug it in,the Vizio logo on the front of the TV is suppose to blink for awhile.I honestly think there is still something wrong with your LEDs.Mainly one of the connectors on the LED strips.I think it is making a bad connection,and will probably show up when the TV is moved,or twisted.Hopefully not!I don't want to burst your bubble,if I haven't already!

Thank You very much!

Tyler

Comment

Oh yeah, i forgot to ask him that about the power supply also, cause fuses are like 1 dollar online. So im not sure why hed buy a board just for the fuse. Hopefully he bought the board before he knew what was bad.

Oh and ignore that stuff about the bulbs / inverters failing, since this is an LED model, but most likely it detects LED module failures and does a similar error reset after 3 minutes, and records an error after 5 consecutive failures.
        Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

Look at what I just found!Where were these when I needed them?!This is what they look like.One of each on the top,and bottom.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIZIO-M470NV...item4ab4abc33e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIZIO-M470NV...item5648ee6a9b

Thank You very much!

Tyler

Comment

Is that just for the housing? or are the bulbs in the housing? Cause 50 for just some metal strips sounds crazy.

Comment

That is for the LEDs plus the metal strip.The LEDs are on a plastic strip,and the strip is attatched to the metal with double sided tape.There are 66 square LEDs on each strip.

It says Best Offer.How low they will go is the question.

Thank You very much!

Tyler

Comment

got the tv back together and onto my tv stand in my living room. It still blinks when i first plug it in, but then it settles to amber, and i power it on with the remote, and voila! backlight on, TV working.

this is the first TV I have attempted to fix, i'm learning as I go. I did not know that the only thing wrong with the original PS was a fuse before I bought the new PS. I knew it had a bad fuse, but I wasn't sure that was all, so I went ahead and bought a PS off of Ebay. It was just out of desperation that I decided to take the fuse off the new PS and solder it onto the old one.

Well I appreciate everyone who took the time to help. I'm hopefully picking up a 60 inch sony bravia LCD that powers to the sony screen, then powers down and has the blinking LED later this week.

I'll also update everyone on the state of my tv. Just finished channel scan, watching TV now

keeping fingers crossed that it keeps on working!

Comment

Did the description of the power supply on Ebay say it was suppose to be working?I hope you didn't pay too much for it.It looks like it was a pretty expensive fuse.But as you said,you have to do what you have to do!

Is the Sony an LED LCD?

Thank You very much!

Tyler

Comment

soooo....the backlight on my tv just went out. had my xbox 360 running, went upstairs to get something real quick, come back down, backlight off. tried resetting and such, no luck. just boots up to the vizio screen and the backlight wont come back on

*sigh*

and not 3 seconds later after letting the TV run for about 2 minutes, i turn it off and turn it back on and it comes back. what possible explanations could there even be for this behavior?

Comment

well. the tv is still working sporadically. it will run for awhile and then the backlight will just go out. I've been able to get it to come back so far by turning the tv off and on a few times but it seems to be going out again faster and faster.

does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? the inverter is built into the psu board on this tv correct? could it be a loose cable somewhere possibly?

I was wanting to keep this set for myself :-(

Comment

I would have to say there is a bad connection in one,or more of the LED strips connectors,or solder points inside the LCD panel itself.When they heat up,they separate.I hope this helps.Please let me know.Thank You very much!

Tyler

Comment

lol. theres nothing wrong with the tv. the software had a problem and shut down the tv to do a reset. while its resetting, the screen stays blank and the system powers up three times until it boots fully

Comment

go to autozone and you can pick up a strip of white leds that takes 12v or go to your local dollar store and pick up a few led flashlights, im sure someone can be creative about this with these kind of lights as for I have done it on my laptop and it worked just fine lmao...

Originally posted by 70JUDGE View Post
                            Does anyone know where I might find a set of replacement LEDs?The numbers on them are 3660L-0348A Housing(L),and 3660L-0349A Housing(R).They also say LG on the LED strips themselves.I need two of each.
                            I tried a different power supply,and it did the same thing.Next I tried a set of LEDs from a broken panel that someone had online.Before taking the panel apart,I plugged the new LEDs into the new power supply with LEDs outside the TV,and they lit up,and stayed on.

When I took the panel apart,and replaced the LEDs,I put the old power supply in the TV instead of the new power supply I used to test the new LEDs with thinking there was nothing wrong with old one because it didn't fix the problem,and it did the same thing again.

I tried using the new power supply after,and it didn't make any difference.The only thing I can think of is by using the old power supply first instead of the new one,I burned out the new LEDs,and by the time I put the new power supply in,the damage was already done.

I even tried to set the original set of LEDs up outside the TV like I did with the new ones,and all of them light up,but when they go out,one strip is completly out,and the other three strips have a few lit up here,and there,and they are real dim.It also does this for a split second as soon as I press the power button before they come on full brightness for a few seconds,and then go off.This happens with bothe power supplies.

The funny thing is the backlight on wire still has 3VDC,on it as well as 115VDC to each of the LED strips.There are also three other wires to each LED strip that have anywhere between a little over 10VDC,to a little over 12VDC.This is with both power supplies,so I don't know what in the original power supply would be burning out the LEDs,or what is turning the LEDs off.If the main board is,shouldn't the voltage on the backlight on wire go away?If the LEDs,or one of them are bad,why are they all lighting up?Also,what is the 10 to 12 volts for on the other three wires for each of the LED strips?Shouldn't the 115V be enough?

There are two LEDs strips on the top,and two on the bottom.Each strip has 66 LEDs,and has a trace that runs the length of the strip.There are three other traces that each go a third of the way down the strip.On the power supply the connections are marked VLED 1-1 1-2 1-3,VLED 2-1 2-2 2-3 ETC. for each of the four LED strips.With the LEDs plugged in,I get 115VDC on each of the VLED,and anywhere between a little over 10VDC,to a little over 12VDC on the numbered wires.I would unplug the connectors,and test the power supply,but I don't want to take a chance on the power jumping to another pin like it did on me with the Proscan 40LD45Q.Maybe that was because it was a higher voltage.

The only thing I can think of to do is to get another set of LEDs,and try them outside the TV with the new power supply like I did before,and if they work,put them in with the new power supply.

Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank You very much!

Tyler
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Jaymzway; 02-11-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I have the same model of tv
                              and having a different issue anyone could please help me
                              tv turns on back lights come on and dim down as normal but no video
                              I can't tell if it has sound or not as for I can't see the screen to select the video source.

I have the back cover off and have search through all of the boards and can not find anything wrong no burn marks no bulging caps, Everything looks as new.
                              no smells from anywhere.

But I was testing around the video board on some silver caps with 50 470 25 written on them total of 4 the picture will explain more in detail of my findings with the volt meter any help I would appreciate it much thank you.
                              Attached Files

Comment

It sounds liek the T-CON board is not getting the voltage feeding from the main board if you do have backlights but no pictures. Pictures of the whole back side of the TV so we can see all the boards?
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Re: Vizio M470NV LED LCD NO MORE Help Needed! FOR ME

Thank you good sir lmao hahahhahahhahah hell ya boy i got it working on an accident im so excited omg and i payed $40 for this bubba it was the ribbon.
                                  someone apparently had done some work to it and snagged the ribbon.
                                  Now all I need is the original remote to go with it man this thing looks great! hell yea movie night. Sorry guys I never have this kind of luck so I'am dancing all over this one... thank you all for trying to help me anyways. hope the picture shows my findings here
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Glad to hear that it was just simple solution.
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

me 2 bud i didnt find this out till you asked me to take some pictures and when I did I took notice to that ribbon with an X on it and I was like what the how that get on there. I didn't remember seeing that. so I took it off and looked at it and checked the ribbon for defects and saw nothing and then when I went back to look at the picture I then seen that it was partially out of socket lmao....

Comment

Working...
                                      X