Samsung LNT4071FX Dark Side Screen Flicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LNT4071FX Dark Side Screen Flicker

Have a samsung LNT4071FX model lcd. Left side of screen is dark when first turned on, reachs about mid way through screen. The darker area has some shadowing too. As the set warms up the dark area will flicker in an out until it goes away after 30 mins of use. I first thought it might be a tcon issues, but did a little research and dont think it is it. Looking for the first area to troubleshoot to determine if it is the lcd or one of the boards that is going bad. The Menu seems to show up correctly at in the two attached pictures.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LNT4071FX Dark Side Screen Flicker

Check the signal input stage.

Try manually warming some components there.

Comment

Originally posted by b700029 View Post
      Check the signal input stage.

Try manually warming some components there.
      You have GOT to be kidding.

PlainBill
      Last edited by PlainBill; 08-15-2011, 07:36 AM.
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by musjim View Post
        Have a samsung LNT4071FX model lcd. Left side of screen is dark when first turned on, reachs about mid way through screen. The darker area has some shadowing too. As the set warms up the dark area will flicker in an out until it goes away after 30 mins of use. I first thought it might be a tcon issues, but did a little research and dont think it is it. Looking for the first area to troubleshoot to determine if it is the lcd or one of the boards that is going bad. The Menu seems to show up correctly at in the two attached pictures.
        This might be the tcon or it might be the panel itself. I'd start by carefully reseating the conductors from the tcon to the panel. Then see if the problem changes if the tcon is flexed. It looks like a problem on the most significant address line.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Like PlainBill said T-Con or Panel. Unfortunately, from my experience it is a bad connection on the panel itself and more than likely has nothing to do with T-Con. This failure of the panel is actually a fairly common occurence on Samsung panels.

Comment

Originally posted by rayrod81 View Post
            Like PlainBill said T-Con or Panel. Unfortunately, from my experience it is a bad connection on the panel itself and more than likely has nothing to do with T-Con. This failure of the panel is actually a fairly common occurence on Samsung panels.
            So is there a possible fix, like applying pressure to lcd connection? I've read up on some of the tab bond issues and wonder if that could at least extend the life a few more months.

Comment

Not sure if I can call it a fix, but the screen is working perfect again. I took the metal housing off the panel and found the left hand side was flopping away from the metal bracket. Seems like the glass screen is glued to the metal and this left side has come off. Also traced the poor connection to the left most ribbon cable running from the top of the panel to the screen. I added a couple pieces of a firm but squishy foam to the inside of the outer metal bracket and that has created sufficient pressure to hold both the screen and the ribbon cable in place. So far so good. Just wonder how long it will last. Thanks for all of the help.

Comment

Not sure if I can call it a fix, but the screen is working perfect again. I took the metal housing off the panel and found the left hand side was flopping away from the metal bracket. Seems like the glass screen is glued to the metal and this left side has come off. Also traced the poor connection to the left most ribbon cable running from the top of the panel to the screen. I added a couple pieces of a firm but squishy foam to the inside of the outer metal bracket and that has created sufficient pressure to hold both the screen and the ribbon cable in place. So far so good. Just wonder how long it will last. Thanks for all of the help.
                Hey musjim!. I gotta give it to u. I had the same exact issue with my TV. I applied your method and my tv is running fine again. Those Lnt 4071fx where one of the best samsung tv made atthe time unfortunately came with the default lcd and bad power supply. Thanks again

Comment

Hey musjim!. I gotta give it to u. I had the same exact issue with my TV. I applied your method and my tv is running fine again. Those Lnt 4071fx where one of the best samsung tv made atthe time unfortunately came with the default lcd and bad power supply. Thanks again

Comment

Man your method only works when it's warm.Anytime the room get cold the tv start acting up.The left side get darker and flickiring. FU$k SAMSUNG.LOng live APPLE! I'll never buy a samsung TV again

Comment

Man your method only works when it's warm.Anytime the room get cold the tv start acting up.The left side get darker and flickiring. FU$k SAMSUNG.LOng live APPLE! I'll never buy a samsung TV again

Comment

I am also having problems with one of these, however not the same. I'm new, should I add my problem to this thread or post a new? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Please make new thread, with make, model, and good clear pictures.
                          Last edited by budm; 07-08-2014, 02:06 PM.
                          Never stop learning
                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                          X