• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sony tv kdl 46 xbr2 no video or sound

Yes, am positive backlight and panel-det are at o
    1) Is 0
    2) Is 0
    3) Is 10.4
    Using schematics and attachments you've sent on the boards,looking several times, I can find R6788 on the D2 schematic and on the D2 conductor side of the board but not on the component side. Do see a R 6789 though. For R 6277 on D3, I don't see it anywhere on any of the D3 attachments.
    Am taking it apart now to get at T-con.

Comment

OK have gotten to T-con board..see pictures..Both the large and small chips have some moisture/oil on them and some between the two on the board..I'm guessing that's a bad thing.
      I've located the fuse F1..how the hell do ya test that?? it's so tiny?? any tips???
      Do the plastic ribbon cables need to be attached to do so ??
      Attached Files

Comment

Did not get continuity from fuse
        Voltage went back and forth from 0 to 5.1 volts

Comment

That moisture/oil is from the thermal pads, it is normal
          The fuse will check like ..... a fuse, if its resistance is high, its open, if the resistance is like a short it is good.

Comment

X2 ^

moisture / oils on the board itself is probably not good. An open fuse (resistance from across both sides is infinity) is not good.... but your problem could be that the board "foreign matter" caused the problem but also another problem is that the panel itself took out the fuse as the voltage being driven by that circuit is used to power the board and panel.

IF the fuse is done, it is potentially a good reason why the panel detect is 0.
            Last edited by budwich; 04-14-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

OK have no new symptoms..Put in a replacement T-con board. with this in . green power light comes on then goes to a red blinking light. Blinks 9 times. at the time the red light starts blinking, I am getting 3.2 volts on Pan Detect from all three locations, cn6751 on D2 board and from cn6202 & cn6203 on the power board but only for a second. The screen also blinks white for a second. When the red light starts blinking, the amber light on the b2 board that was flashing goes off..Any ideas??

Comment

But now your measurements have changed.... you now indicate that you see a "panel det" signal. did you check the 12v signal at the tcon?

Comment

yes they changed when I replaced the t conn..am nit getting 12 volts at tconn

Comment

How are you measuring the voltage at the tcon, is your tcon fuse good?

Comment

Fuse has continuity. Not getting any voltage there. Trying to do it from the lvds (?) cable. Contacts are tiny. Is there a better way to check the voltage??
                        Or how should it be done..Am getting 5 volts from one of the pins though.

Comment

There are small fuses on the BE2 board, F4302 is TCON_12V, see if you have 12 volts on both sides of this fuse.

Comment

you don't need to do it ON the cable. follow the appropriate pin to a place on the board and measure there.

Anyway, lack of 12v isn't going to be good ... but again, the voltage needs to be watched from the very start... just like the others that you indicate were 0 and now appear to have some voltage for a short time.
                            Last edited by budwich; 04-27-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by steves7839 View Post
                              I have a similar set, a KDL46XBR6 built 2008. I got it with a symptom of vertical colored stripes and 14 blink code. The TV ran for a few minutes, backlight on, and the input video appeared every tenth stripe or so among the solid color stripes. Then it powered down and threw the blink code.

After searching the Sony threads pointing to the T-Con board, I measured an open surface-mount fuse on the T-Con next to CN701 LVDS connector. Replaced it with same value/same specs from Digikey. Now I have 12VDC on both ends of the fuse. The symptom has changed. Backlight stays on, Green power LED stays on, no Standby blink. But the screen is still filled with the vertical stripes.

I'm considering sending the T-Con to PTS Electronics to repair. What are the probabilities that the T-Con had more than one fault?

What is the Fuse specifications? I have gone through the service manual, there was no mention of T-Con board, hence could not get the fuse specifications. It was mentioned "T" on top of the fuse, I could not understand what it was referring to. Any help in this regard is highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by go4ash View Post
                                what is the fuse specifications? I have gone through the service manual, there was no mention of t-con board, hence could not get the fuse specifications. It was mentioned "t" on top of the fuse, i could not understand what it was referring to. Any help in this regard is highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
                                "t" - 5a
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                  "t" - 5a
                                  Thank you very much, you made my day.

Comment

Working...
                                  X