• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legion 5 15IMH05H Type 81Y6 BIOS HELP

Lenovo Legion 5 15IMH05H
    S/N: PF1BTUHM
    MTM:81Y600DCUS

Laptop crashed in a bios update, now boots to a black screen, I flashed a new bios and it is still the same albeit it doesn't crash after a few seconds now.

I dumped the original BIOS file with my CH341A programmer.

Would appreciate any help
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Legion 5 15IMH05H Type 81Y6 BIOS HELP

Originally posted by Xwalt View Post
      Lenovo Legion 5 15IMH05H
      S/N: PF1BTUHM
      MTM:81Y600DCUS

Laptop crashed in a bios update, now boots to a black screen, I flashed a new bios and it is still the same albeit it doesn't crash after a few seconds now.

I dumped the original BIOS file with my CH341A programmer.

Would appreciate any help
      Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from Lenovo with your DMI and Windows Key.
      Attached Files
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
        Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from Lenovo with your DMI and Windows Key.
        Thank you for replying.

I tried the BIOS and the issue still persists, it's a black screen and does not boot into anything. The fans do ramp up now on full speed and then it crashes.

FYI this is my bios chip and the software I am using (Asprogrammer does not have 25l12872f, only 25l12873f). I unplug the CMOS battery and main battery before flashing, I cleared it before writing and also verified after. Once I boot the bios is different from the virgin one but I am guessing that is what is supposed to happen.

I guess it's also worth mentioning that I suspect the GPU on my laptop has an issue which is why I updated the BIOS in the first place. Is it possible that the BIOS is booting into discrete graphics mode only? Is there a way to change that without a screen? (I tried external monitors, but no dice)
        Attached Files

Comment

FYI this is my bios chip and the software I am using (Asprogrammer does not have 25l12872f, only 25l12873f).
          Try NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.10 , it does support 25l12872f
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=2374
          Also try with older version of the bios, look at the fist page of the thread.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
            Try NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.10 , it does support 25l12872f
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=2374
            Also try with older version of the bios, look at the fist page of the thread.
            I tried the programmer and the bios hardware1 made and I managed to get it to the original issue where disabling hybrid mode would cause the black screen issue. I did some stupid maneuvers to disable it within windows but now I can finally see the screen!

Thanks!

Now to fix the 2060 vbios

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
              Hi, I noticed the S/N on the BIOS you provided does not match the S/N on the bottom of the laptop. Did you accidentally post the wrong file or was the BIOS modified before?

Comment

Hi, I noticed the S/N on the BIOS you provided does not match the S/N on the bottom of the laptop. Did you accidentally post the wrong file or was the BIOS modified before?
                No, I made it for you. Perhaps someone changed the Laptop Bottom Cover, or your BIOS file wasn't the Original Backup.
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                all donations are welcome,
                see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                >>>>>
                click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<

Comment

Need Clean ME Legion 5 15IMH05H Bios

The problem is when enter the OS, always bluescreen & freeze.

thanks in advance
                  Attached Files

Comment

Re: Need Clean ME Legion 5 15IMH05H Bios

Originally posted by cyngo View Post
                    The problem is when enter the OS, always bluescreen & freeze.thanks in advance
                    RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

You MUST:

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

The problem is when enter the OS, always bluescreen & freeze.

thanks in advance
                      did you try post #2???
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                        did you try post #2???
                        Yes, I have tried it, but the problem remains the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

You MUST:

Thank you for the information

Comment

Yes, I have tried it, but the problem remains the same.
                            if you wrote the bios without errors, then the laptop has another problem
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

Re: Need LenovoLegion 5-15IMH05H NM-c911 bios Clean dump

yes, maybe problem is something other than bios. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                bios extracted from Lenovo website update for Legion 5-15IMH05, Legion 5-15IMH05H, Legion 5P-15IMH05, Legion 5P-15IMH05H, Legion 5-17IMH05, Legion 5-17IMH05H
                                DMI 532000 - 533FFF
                                Hi, will this bios work instead of the attached bios? I believe the version is EFCN59WW.

I have already tried it, but the screen remains black. So, I just wanted to confirm that is should work. If not can someone help me with the correct bios?

SN: PF1ANGW6
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Ado02; 09-30-2023, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ado02 View Post
                                  Hi, will this bios work instead of the attached bios? I believe the version is EFCN59WW.

I have already tried it, but the screen remains black. So, I just wanted to confirm that is should work. If not can someone help me with the correct bios?
                                  Post your original bios dump and serial number and we`ll see. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                    Post your original bios dump and serial number and we`ll see. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Sorry, the original attachment failed. I just noticed it. It's now added.

Comment

Can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by Ado02 View Post
                                        Can anyone help?
                                        Legion 5-17IMH05H (Lenovo) - Type 81Y8
                                        Attached Files

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                          Legion 5-17IMH05H (Lenovo) - Type 81Y8
                                          Hi,

Thank you for being so helpful. Unfortunately, the problem is still there. I compared your BIOS file and the backup BIOS, and they are very different. If the original BIOS was corrupted, this would make sense. But why is the problem still happening? Am I missing something, or could it be a hardware issue?

If the screen is the problem would I still be able to get an HDMI output on this model without the laptop booting into Windows?

Comment

Working...
                                          X