Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TONGFANG "GM7TG7P" Bios Password Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TONGFANG "GM7TG7P" Bios Password Problem?

Hello,

I'm using TONGFANG "GM7TG7P" model laptop for over 3 years and i'm entering the same bios administrator password everyday. My laptop has Aptio BIOS (American Megatrends, AMI).

But today it's not accepting my password. I'm %100 sure i'm entering the correct password.

I'm trying to reset my bios without success.

I tried :

-I removed the BIOS battery and main battery. Waited for a long time but it didn't work. They already stated in the user manual that the password will not be reset even if the batteries are removed, so I thought I'd try it anyway.

-I dissambled the laptop and checked if there was any bios reset button/switch/jumper, but I couldn't see it.

-CMOS reset by a hotkey. Didn't work.

I see an instruction that states there is a method can be used to overwrite a faulty or incompatible BIOS with a new ROM under certain circumstances.

Method is described like this :

Code:
    5. BIOS recovery with Recovery ROM on USB drive
    This method can be used to overwrite a faulty or incompatible BIOS with a new ROM under certain circumstances.
    For this purpose, the laptop is started in a special mode to search for a suitable BIOS ROM on a USB stick. The USB
    stick must be formatted with FAT32 and the ROM must have a specific file name. Data carriers with USB-C
    connection are unfortunately not suitable.
    Prepare a USB stick with FAT32
    The USB stick can follow the USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 standard. It helps if the USB stick has a status
    LED that flashes during read and write operations.
    The USB flash drive may contain other files – but it is better to format the stick for this process,
    as a fairly full USB stick may cause read problems during the recovery process. Make sure that
    the USB stick is formatted in FAT32. All data on the USB stick is deleted.
    Correct BIOS ROM with correct file name
    A BIOS update in our download portal is usually a ZIP file with various contents. The ROM is
    usually the largest file in the ZIP, with over 10 megabytes file size. The ROM file can have different file extensions,
    such as . BIN or . ROM, but on some systems it does not have a typical file extension. The correct file name usually
    contains part of the version number of the BIOS update, but not necessarily the complete version number.
    For some BIOS updates, the ZIP file contains a "recovery" subfolder. The ROM with the correct file name is already
    stored there. If this is not the case with your model, please contact our support.
    If you are not sure how to locate the Recovery ROM or if it has the correct filename, please contact support.
    Hotkey combination
    • Insyde BIOS: [Fn] + [B]
    • Aptio BIOS: [Ctrl] + [Home]
    The combination "Ctrl+Home" might not be obvious to find. On many laptops, the [Home] function is integrated into
    the numeric keypad. The [Fn] key does not need to be pressed because the [Pos1] function is a primary function as
    long as Numlock is disabled – which is already the case by default when booting.
    For laptops with Aptio BIOS, which do not have a dedicated [Home] function, you can hold down the right [Ctrl] key
    and the [Home] key in the numeric keypad with one hand.
    Step-by-step instructions
    • Prepare the USB stick with the BIOS ROM in the root directory
    • Turn off the device completely, if necessary by pressing and holding the power button for about 5 seconds.
    • Connect the USB flash drive to one of the USB ports.
    • Press the power button and start holding down the key combination as early as possible. You can also hold
    down the key combination before pressing the power button.
    • Keep holding down the keyboard shortcut – but you can release the power button.
    • Once you see a message on the screen, you can release the keyboard shortcut.
    • Ideally, you will now see a progress bar that represents the recovery process.
    If you are sure that you have the correct ROM file with the correct file name and if this process still does not work,
    please try a different USB stick.
    How can I found recovery / bios file for my laptop?

The warranty of my laptop has expired and I do not want to give it to the service because even for such a simple thing, the laptop will probably remain in the service for a long time and they will ask for more money.

This is my first time opening a topic on the forum, I have read the forum rules, but I'm sorry if I still violate any rules.

Thanks.

Re: TONGFANG "GM7TG7P" Bios Password Problem?

Fault may be with your internal keyboard.

Test with an external usb keyboard.

Comment

Re: TONGFANG "GM7TG7P" Bios Password Problem?

I already tried but it didn't work.

Comment

Working...
      X