Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a300-22z pt10g help

hi guys i need help

i have satellite a300-22z with bad hdd... i put new hdd in and in install and after it started freezing... so i opened it and changed nec/tolkin with 4 smd 330 capacitors

after that i get leds, fan spinning but no image

voltage on 4 capacitors upon power up start rising sometimes to 1v and than goes to 0v (vcore), cpu not heating

all coils have voltage except L809 and L810 wich are 0v and 5v and 3v present on board

can you help pls?
    i can also hear something like sqeeling sound but its very quiet and i cannot locate exact spot
    Last edited by ala_borbe; 12-19-2014, 04:20 AM.
    Im Back... sort of...

Re: a300-22z pt10g help

reflow nb if it is ati

Comment

all intel except ATI vga, which is on MXM slot, removed from board while testing voltages, and same with it or without it...
      Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Show us a photo of the repair. Did you read the other thread to find out what not to do?
        My A300 has a faint squeal also, it might be normal or the capacitors you used might have too much ESR. How much ripple is there on the Vcore rail?
        Last edited by rievax_60; 12-19-2014, 04:58 AM.

Comment

i had done this few times already... 330 are new, tested before from same package on other laptop, works 100%
          i reworked the capacitors again
          pic taken from the phone

i also noticed L809 and L810 have 0.995v whe running on bat, but 0v on dc and 0v if dc+bat (330caps have 0.995v when on bat :/)

something wrong with charging? but when off and bat+dc connected it shows charging battery led... confused :/
          Attached Files
          Im Back... sort of...

Comment

It is a puzzle to me also, it should have just worked. I dont have the correct schematic. If L809 & L810 are in the Vcore regulator, the voltage will be the same as the voltage on the replacement capacitors, Vcore rail. Does the Vcore come up at all with the AC adapter on?, even briefly.
            What are the specs for the capacitors?

Comment

here is schematic

tnx for help and taking interest in my thread

on dc and on dc+bat voltage increases until 0.8~0.9v for about 1sec and then drops to 0 but on bat it stays on 0.9v

if i take cpu out there is no standby led, does not turn on, no respond to button press! is that notmal for this one? usually laptop turns on and no post without cpu... i suspected cpu and i wanted to measure voltage without cpu but i cannot

i also have working dump but i do not want to touch that until i discard other problems

on U12 pin2 there VR_PWRGD is 0v
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ala_borbe; 12-19-2014, 07:49 AM.
              Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Originally posted by ala_borbe View Post
                hi guys i need help

i have satellite a300-22z with bad hdd... i put new hdd in and in install and after it started freezing... so i opened it and changed nec/tolkin with 4 smd 330 capacitors

after that i get leds, fan spinning but no image

voltage on 4 capacitors upon power up start rising sometimes to 1v and than goes to 0v (vcore), cpu not heating

all coils have voltage except L809 and L810 wich are 0v and 5v and 3v present on board

can you help pls?
                i can also hear something like sqeeling sound but its very quiet and i cannot locate exact spot

If L809 and L810 getting really hot, check Q12 and Q21 if they are shorted. I fixed L300 by chaging the 2 fets and tokin, i put 5X330uf 2.5v.

Comment

no, not hot, Q12 and Q21 no shorted whan cpu off borad, with cpu shows low res but i guess thats normal

but i might be on a right track, Q12 and Q21 have only gate voltage 5v, source and drain 0v
                  Last edited by ala_borbe; 12-22-2014, 03:09 AM.
                  Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Just change them with a tokin from a reputable seller

Comment

ok, it took me a while to get my hands on mosfets, changed them, vcore is back now 1v

but no image yet

should i reprogram bios, or do you have any other ideas???

tnx for help
                      Im Back... sort of...

Comment

those caps or NOT TO BE CONNECTED to scratch ground.

i don`t understand why ppl scratch the board.

those caps got a ground for a purpose.

please take them down and clean the board and reflow the chipset!
                        Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

well i dont see the difference since the scratched place is at the same pad as original contacts....

anyway, i have placed capacitors as you suggested and its all the same
                          i even got a second, nonworking motherboard so it might help me with repairs

about reflow: did you mean reflow northbridge or southbridge (AF82801IBM)???

tnx for helping and taking interest in my thread
                          Im Back... sort of...

Comment

try both.

what happens now with the notebook? what does it do?

Comment

if i put basic components (cpu, ram, connect display) plug dc charger, charging lights go on

upon pressing power button, board powers on, fan rotate at full speed, no video.
                              all coils have voltage, 5v on usb, 3.3v also present, vcore 1v

when running on battery all the same, if i drain battery and connect it recharges battery to full and battery light goes green

diagnostic post card shows only 0, but i have never used this post card so i do not know how reliable it is

i do not understand why this one has gone wrong, i did nec/tolkin about 10 times now with no problems
                              before opening laptop has been working, but freezing randomly, no artifacts or nothing
                              Last edited by ala_borbe; 12-25-2014, 09:32 AM.
                              Im Back... sort of...

Comment

reflow northbridge as dj said

Comment

ok!

try to reflash bios manually and check bios battery!

got 3 boards with same problem and on one i swap the bios and it power for one post then it died again so i think its the bios in some cases .

check that and see if its related to bios or bios battery.

Comment

cmos battery is good, checked before all

bios programmed, i have old backup from another woking laptop backuped with universal bios backup toolkit and no good, all the same

tried with cmos battery and without it

next im gona try reflow nb and see what happens
                                    Im Back... sort of...

Comment

I have noticed that the A300 can be fussy about the RAM. Try a few different modules, one a a time.

Comment

Originally posted by ala_borbe View Post
                                        cmos battery is good, checked before all

bios programmed, i have old backup from another woking laptop backuped with universal bios backup toolkit and no good, all the same

tried with cmos battery and without it

next im gona try reflow nb and see what happens
                                        that universal program ... how should i say it... i found out its bad it does not do the job ok.

you have to take the bios manually with programmer to actually have a good bios file.
                                        (desolder the chip and read it)

WORK ON THE BIOS again with a known bios ; don`t swap bios it does not work even if the board its mirror the same. i know because i tested it .

Comment

Working...
                                        X