Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro Issue (Works but issues)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro Issue (Works but issues)

No water damage, customer brought in MacBook Pro 14" A2442 M1 Pro. No water damage present, could not restore the machine but finally got it to restore after multiple attempts. Now the computer installed OS and it is activated. It now restarts and restarts every 3-10 seconds CONSTANTLY. Again no visible water damage, took the board out to inspect and still no signs of damage. Mint condition looking laptop. Computer turns on yes and has Sonoma, however JUST keeps restarting, no crash reports nothing, just KEEPS restarting every 3 seconds, sometimes it was instant back to back like 1 second to 2 seconds, then it would go up to 10 seconds than restarted again. When the computer sits for a good minute without being turned on it stays on the os longer but no longer than 1 minute. Any ideas or suggestions would be great!
    sigpic
    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Re: MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro Issue (Works but issues)

Bump anyone got ideas?
    sigpic

Comment

Could be the LAS putting it to sleep, had many issues with these machines try disconnecting it seeing if machine stays on does sound like a sleep/wake issue.
      Hope this helps ;@}

OXY

Comment

turn it off and press and hold D - it should run diagnostic.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>>
        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

disconnect trackpad and see if it still restarts

Comment

Thanks wil check all of these tomorrow
            sigpic

Comment

Tried lid sensor, same result. Disconnects track pad, same result. Plugged up meter it gets 5Volts then sometimes turns on and hits 20Volts. The orange light disappeared and no 20Volts. Turns on at 5Volts. Then shuts off. I’m debating if the battery is faulty. But when it turns on it holds a charge and stays on off power. But still shuts down. And when it shuts off it doesn’t turn on for like 30 seconds. Then sometimes instant off when it turns on. Still same result with lid sensor connected and disconnected. I’m debating if we should order a battery replacement to see if this is the issue, since macbook batteries cause tons of issues
              Last edited by Stephen; 11-10-2023, 11:45 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Order the battery from Mobile Sentrix. Risk free as well and they have a proven track record.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                  Order the battery from Mobile Sentrix. Risk free as well and they have a proven track record.
                  Ordered will come back with my findings
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                    Battery came in, same issue. Turns on holds charge after about 1-2 mins dies and turns on again and again.
                    sigpic

Comment

usb c meters dying when plugged in. Then turning back on. Causing malfunction with meters. All ports trip the laptop to restart but no water damage and laptop turns on.
                      sigpic

Comment

Laptop does turn on eventually the. Does. Seems after I plugged a connection into USB c it died immediately.
                        sigpic

Comment

try swapping out ISL (U5200 if i remember correct). All power goes thru there, sounds like somekind of heat issue, it works 2-3 minutes gets hot and shuts down, when its cooled it works again.

Comment

That is exactly what it does. I’ll try that out with a donor board.
                            sigpic

Comment

Bump, so I am assuming there is no ISL U5200 chips online is there? I am assuming I will need a donor board

Because I recall ISL 9240 was a problem back then now we can get it however I am assuming same issue for these boards now?
                              sigpic

Comment

OOPS, looking at the board it indeed is an ISL 9240 LOL I can order one
                                sigpic

Comment

hmm, this board uses an ISL 9420HI which is a chip we have now it is not powering on. So I am assuming it is using a different type? looking at them now it is an ISL9240HIB3 while the other is an ISL 9240HI so these are not the same WELL DAMN

Update: So it looks like the ISL 9420HI BR is the same as ISL 9240HI ? I am seeing china selling this as ISL 9240. Can someone clarify that this is correct? I will be ordered a few of these in hopes I repair this board finally
                                  Last edited by Stephen; 01-15-2024, 05:56 PM. Reason: Update
                                  sigpic

Comment

update: replaced with a known good working ISL9240HIB3 from a donor board, board turns on now. However we are back at the same issue again, constantly turning off after about 2 mins and turning back on.It seems it gets warm enough then it turns itself off completely afterwards. So it looks like the ISL 9240HI is not the issue after all. Any updates on what is causing this issue? We have a good working donor board (Activation locked) and used the ISL for this one and it now turns on. Just trying to see where else to look to get this board to stay on and stop turning itself off.

So basically the computer turns itself off instantly then turns itself on immediately and loads OS just fine then dies and repeats. This is what has been done so far

New OEM battery replaced, same issue holds charge
                                    Donor ISL9240HIB3 from Working board, turns on but still continues.

Checked for shorts on board but no shorts. So there is something on this board making this computer turn itself off and on, previous battery was doing this as well and new battery as well so ruled out the battery .
                                    Last edited by Stephen; 01-23-2024, 02:48 PM.
                                    sigpic

Comment

Bump?
                                      sigpic

Comment

Were you able to run diagnostics? Fearing a thermal sensor has gone AWOL

Comment

Working...
                                        X