• Show
Clear All

Re: Mac EFI Toolkit

Thank you Sir Does it Support A1398

Comment

Originally posted by mtherana View Post
      Thank you Sir Does it Support A1398
      Yes, it supports anything with an accessible EFIROM. Dump the SPIROM contents, open it with the application.

Comment

hi, how can I remove MDM with your tool? is enough to edit serial?
        thank you.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>>
        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
          thank you.
          Yes, enter a clean serial number in the patcher, and select the following so you don't have to perform an NVRAM reset on boot.

Code:
          Clear VSS Store
          Clear VSS Backup Store

Comment

Originally posted by MuertoGB View Post
            Yes, enter a clean serial number in the patcher, and select the following so you don't have to perform an NVRAM reset on boot.

Code:
            Clear VSS Store
            Clear VSS Backup Store
            ok, thank you. What means "clean serial number"? I modified 3 characters randomly, cleared VSS store and replaced ME and now is not asking for MDM enrollment at setup.
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            >>>>>

Comment

ok, thank you. What means "clean serial number"? I modified 3 characters randomly, cleared VSS store and replaced ME and now is not asking for MDM enrollment at setup.
              This is essentially what I mean, use a serial number that isn't bound to MDM. Glad to hear it worked for you.

Comment

I usually use one off from the many base covers I have lying around. The danger of using a random one is that it is potentially bound to another MAC elsewhere. Not so much an issue with the older Mac's these days I guess but the possibility is there.

This is why Apple stopped the iCloud lookup service years back, as China was using it to find valid (unlocked) serial numbers by changing the last 3 digits. They were then having conflicts with iCloud on legitimate devices as a result and having to replace them for the real customers. Was great being able to buy stuff and being able to check on it in advance....not any more.

Comment

This is why I prefer a clean donor serial from a dead board. Someone could end up MDM locking another persons SSN.

Comment

thank you.
                    you can use BBS to change serial until 2017 without removing eeprom

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...10&postcount=1
                    or
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...59&postcount=2
                    Last edited by Maxpower3; 10-28-2023, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
                      you can use BBS to change serial until 2017 without removing eeprom

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...10&postcount=1
                      or
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...59&postcount=2
                      right, thank you, I discovered your tool after I modified bios. I did try it on A1466 2017 and works well.
                      @Maxpower3
                      @MuertoGB
                      Thanks again for sharing your work, is very useful!
                      Last edited by volinakis; 10-28-2023, 04:22 AM.
                      >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by MuertoGB View Post

Code:
                        Clear VSS Store
                        Clear VSS Backup Store
                        Hi, can I also use this tool to remove MDM on an Air M1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by classicandy View Post

Hi, can I also use this tool to remove MDM on an Air M1 ?
                          Hey peops

As above I don't think this method works with M1 as there is no serial saved in the ROM chip itself

Great tool though

OXY 😉

Comment

This can support a2141 with bridge os 8.3?

Comment

Hi all

Just a quicky any reason i'm getting invalid image on T2 dumps ?

Thank OXY

Comment

This tool is for EFI dumps for pre-T2 machines. T2 SPI ROM dumps aren't EFI , however I think Muerto said he may consider supporting them down the track though.

Comment

Ah ok makes sense

Thanks OXY 😀

Comment

Just noted the other day when I was upgrading a 2017 iMac (has USB C ports on the rear in addition to the USB A ports) that it appears to have an updated NVMe driver in the BIOS. I say this because I tried one of my Crucial P3 SSD's (and adaptor) and was detected fine. 2015 A1466/A1502 etc currently do not detect these newer drives. Double checked this again with BIOS 489.0.0.0 in the 2015 MBA and still doesn't work.

Comment

Correct, the toolkit does not support T1, or T2, currently. Possibly in the future.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been extremely busy lately. Version 1.2.0 will come later this year, a time frame is not set.

NOTE: I've identified an issue when clearing the NVRAM stores, there is more to clearing the store header than I though, therefore sometimes when a user clears the NVRAM store the device may fail to boot. A patch will be applied for the next update.

Comment

Hi,
                                        i have a question. i changed my macbook pro serial number but mdm popup still came time to time. is there a way to stop it?
                                        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                        X