Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw there is actually a much cleaner version of the schismatics R_J shared it
    https://elektrotanya.com/pioneer_a-1.../download.html
    in case it helps
    Attached Files

Comment

Does the speaker switch have any effect? also do you have any headphones to try? The amp output runs through the headhphne ass'y board before it goes to the speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        Does the speaker switch have any effect? also do you have any headphones to try? The amp output runs through the headhphne ass'y board before it goes to the speakers.
        the speaker switches has no effect also , on top of that i never had any scratchy noises from the speaker switches also
        they are just A and B, i am always using the B, and it works but on right channel only

i have an earphone but with the small jack, i think i have a converter, will try and let u know
        thanks

Comment

I doubt there is a DC problem with the amp section, if there was the protection circuit would engage and you would not have any output. it is likely something in the signal path that is at fault. If you can access the plug AKP1044, use a metal pin held by your fingers to inject signal (hum) at pins 1 (right channel) and 3 (left channel)

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            I doubt there is a DC problem with the amp section, if there was the protection circuit would engage and you would not have any output. it is likely something in the signal path that is at fault. If you can access the plug AKP1044, use a metal pin held by your fingers to inject signal (hum) at pins 1 (right channel) and 3 (left channel)
            dont know if that is a good or a bad news, i did not find the converter so i used these 3 pins as mentioned in the pic and there is clear sound coming to the head phones from both left and right pins
            plz confirm that my assumption is correct on these pins

this means there is no issue in the path of the input signal?
            if so, where is the problem then?!

can you please guide me where is that AKP1044 connector on the actual pcb?
            attached is the pcb after cleaning and re flowing some joints (already tested and worked at that stage before the assembly)
            if the connector is not on that pcb where is it?
            thank you

Attached Files

Comment

i also want to add a side note that i notice now and also before
              I am actually connected a tweeter and a sub woofer in parallel to every channel, i know u might disagree with that setup but that works perfectly and the tweeter is not overloaded or anything, however latetly before that thread , there was scratchy noises due to the switches as well as the pot, i cleaned these but one thing sometimes happen which is the tweeters works but not the subwoofer until i boost the volume and get it started then i can lower the volume normally, it could be from the pot or scratchy switches still but thought to mention that in case it means something else

Comment

ok i found the connector u meant, it is on the pic i sent
                R makes sound, L no sound when touched!
                so?

Comment

Originally posted by GraphicMan View Post
                  i also want to add a side note that i notice now and also before
                  I am actually connected a tweeter and a sub woofer in parallel to every channel, i know u might disagree with that setup but that works perfectly and the tweeter is not overloaded or anything, however latetly before that thread , there was scratchy noises due to the switches as well as the pot, i cleaned these but one thing sometimes happen which is the tweeters works but not the subwoofer until i boost the volume and get it started then i can lower the volume normally, it could be from the pot or scratchy switches still but thought to mention that in case it means something else
                  might mean the speaker relay contacts are dirty .

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post

might mean the speaker relay contacts are dirty .
                    it does not have a relay, perhaps bad contact also, good point from you
                    i just need to solve the L channel at the point, very annoyed

thanks

Comment

speaker switch then . cranking vol can make the connection better for a time .

Comment

it does not have a relay, perhaps bad contact also, good point from you
                        i just need to solve the L channel at the point, very annoyed
                        ???
                        Your first most mentions the relay
                        all lights are on normally, except that the unit does not click its relay anymore and ofcourse no sound
                        dont know if that is a good or a bad news, i did not find the converter so i used these 3 pins as mentioned in the pic and there is clear sound coming to the head phones from both left and right pins
                        plz confirm that my assumption is correct on these pins
                        If you have audio at the headphone jack then I would start by resoldering the connections on the speaker switches and the connector pins as well

Looking at your picture of the headphone jack, it looks like the (L) contact needs to be resoldered I suspect others are bad on that board as well
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by R_J; 05-11-2024, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Geez… should be easy finding the problem. The amp isn't going into protection mode since the relay clicks. So the problem has to be after the amp board until it hits the speaker terminal. Plus the headphone jack, as it disconnects the speaker output. You can trace the audio either from leaving the PA board to the speaker output jack or backwards from the speaker jack back to the PA board. RJ already mentioned the speaker jack… didn't read all the posts… lol And the protection relay itself, as it also physically disconnects the output to the speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                            Geez… should be easy finding the problem. The amp isn't going into protection mode since the relay clicks. So the problem has to be after the amp board until it hits the speaker terminal. Plus the headphone jack, as it disconnects the speaker output. You can trace the audio either from leaving the PA board to the speaker output jack or backwards from the speaker jack back to the PA board. RJ already mentioned the speaker jack… didn't read all the posts… lol And the protection relay itself, as it also physically disconnects the output to the speakers.
                            hmm, this is getting a bit strange and also very frustrating
                            guess what
                            i re soldered all pins on the jack/speaker switches pcb as well as all the pins of the connectors on the attached pic (inside the rectangles)
                            and now i dont have any output on the speakers!!!, kept clicking on the speaker switches, nothing at all
                            on top of that, when i tested again with the headphones, the sound is very very faint! unlike the last time!!!!!
                            what does that mean?!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

relay still works normally

Comment

i thought to test the connectivity of these switches
                                B is perfect which is the one i am using all the time
                                A connect / disconnect only the one marked right, X is always ON no matter what
                                is that right or wrong? can this cause all that issues including the very faint sound on the phones?
                                i really dont want to pull these out unless i am sure it is the issue coz it is a lot of work
                                the 2 switches are both crimped to a single steel plate, for that i will have to desolder the 12 pins at the same time in order to be able to pull it out!
                                thanks
                                Attached Files

Comment

i am assuming that "x" issue (connected all the time) should not be the problem coz whether A switch is on or off the output is not affected as far as B switch is good and ON and that by itself is worrying me

Comment

ok finally some good news
                                    i re soldered again and add a re flowing /soldering to the relay pins and some other pins that looks they have little solder (close to the connector)
                                    there is sound on both channels , but for few seconds and when i tried to press on the direct switch there was noises (which is not news, i know it have issues) but the news is that the relay started to go on/off quickly, so i decided to power off the unit immediately to check
                                    now i removed the direct switch
                                    and disassembled it, it is complex and have 12 pins!
                                    for that i need to know what is it doing first , so that i can check before re soldering it
                                    the main issue for me with these switches is that in addition to its 4 copper moving pieces there is also a small copper plate, i am not exactly sure what it does, apparently the unit cant work/produce sound with that switch being pulled out coz it has a function in both on/off states
                                    i have uploaded pics for the switch and also a drawn diagram which have 2 copies to make it easy for you to mark for me the connections should be made between pins on the OFF and ON states, plz pay attention to the orientation, the pins shown assuming a direct view not x rayed and the bulk is on left side
                                    lets finish this i hope
                                    thanks
                                    Attached Files

Comment

in addition:
                                      also here is a pic for the front panel, showing the 12 pins
                                      i would like to first solder them to the "direct switch" OFF state without using the switch, just to make sure and make it easy to diagnose
                                      plz let me know how should i blob / wire them without the switch, just mark for me the connected pins and i will do it
                                      thanks
                                      Attached Files

Comment

this is the best i could find with my limited knowledge in schematic drawings for the direct switch pins
                                        but here it is rotated compared to the pcb pic i shared, is the small + means connected together? and on which state is that? off by default
                                        just trying to learn something new
                                        thanks
                                        Attached Files

Comment

plz dont forget to tell me about these 2 pins specifically coz i did something, i desoldered both using the copper wick (completely clean) and i did test the switch (both pins isolated from the pcb), and it works perfectly it does d/c and connect them so the short is not from the switch, however when i test the pads continuity they are always connected, so i want to know if that is ok or they should not be connected all the time at any state
                                          the other pin does d/c / connect, the other B switch is perfect also, it is important coz it could mean something, however like i said keeping A on with B on fine and it have never been a problem but just want to make sure
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X