Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedstream 2624 (Siemens S***)

Beware of Siemens S***

i bought one of these wireless b routers with built in print server at a goodwill(5 bucks) about 6 months ago. was using it until tonight when it stated to act funny. I opened it up to find a bulging Tocon cap.

i thought Siemens (the manufacturer of speedstream) was a good brad that kept out of this crap. nope.

since its old and kinda obsolete, i may not re-cap it.

has anybody else had this happen with siemens
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Re: speedstream 2624 (Siemens S***)

siemens was winning many state contracts here, then it was discovered they were paying huge bribes but anyway i havent seen many good caps in networking equipment except for cisco and also recently 3com. its the easiest thing to recap networking equipment and restore to full functionality again.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

all siemens stuff i've had so far (mostly old stuff) used Siemens/EPCOS caps.
      they have a top marking like a few cheapos (a stretched "X") but they work fine.

even a really old (by now) Slot1 mobo (Siemens D1115) has those and is still going strong in my little brothers homeserver with a PIII 600.

edit: example of those EPCOS caps.. i've never seen them anywhere else than older Siemens/Fujitsu-Siemens mainboards..

Last edited by Scenic; 01-16-2009, 05:23 AM.

Comment

My modem (SpeedStream 4100 I think) has two caps in it, a Matsushita and a G-Luxon.

Strange mix but it's been doing 24/7 service for 3 years now and has never given me any trouble.

Comment

>has anybody else had this happen with siemens

nope, siemens adsl modem/routers are here highly regarded, and they work quite fine...
          i have one, bought one (used) for my brother, everything ok.
          Last edited by i4004; 01-17-2009, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X