emachine e725 freezes randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

emachine e725 freezes randomly

An emachine e725 less than 1year freezes randomly, mostly when it has booted to desktop, about lest than five minutes later.

its can be started at safe mode and will work well, but not in normal mode. sometimes, it freezes too even in safe mode.

The emachine specs

1.0G Ram
    2.0Ghz Processor
    160GB Hard drive

when i try to boot from cd, it doesn't recognize the cd. they appear blank.

when could be cause this? overheat?

Re: emachine e725 freezes randomly

That sounds more like a malware problem than a hardware problem.

Whoever has time to help you will need to know what OS you are using, what anti-virus and anti-malware you have installed, and probably your browser & version.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

am using win7 ultimate and using Rising antivirus. browser is firefox. the laptop freezes immediately after showing the desktop

Comment

i have scanned for virus, malware , spyware and finally reformatted to be sure its not software related, but the problems still exist

any ideas what to do next?

Comment

It's an e machine. What would you expect?
          The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Originally posted by coolcurrent View Post
            i have scanned for virus, malware , spyware and finally reformatted to be sure its not software related, but the problems still exist

any ideas what to do next?
            Yes, find out what the motherboard is and inspect the caps.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Dgtech View Post
              It's an e machine. What would you expect?
              SHHH!
              The motherboard might not know it's in an e-machine.

-

- Dr Seuss
              -
              -

Comment

eMachines = Flea machines
                I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post

eMachines = Flea machines
                  this is not helping me, no need to post if you can't help

Comment

Well, a computer that locks up could be most anything. I'd say a good first step, or what I would do in this case, would be to start taking it apart and looking for problems. Check for bad caps, fans not turning or barely turning, dust clogged heatsinks, etc.
                    A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Comment

thanks, i'll do that and get back to you tomorow

Comment

And run memtest.
                        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

The only reason I made the comment about Emachines is because I have seen problems that I wouldnt beleive I would see - only on emachines. The problem that you have could be anywhere from:

Reason # 1. cold solder joints on perriferal slots
                          to
                          Reason # 94. Bad hard drive with errors.
                          to
                          Reason # 122. System was built with barely enough "anything" to run.
                          All other reasons in between apply as well.

Sorry if I seemed to put down emachines but there's a reason why they are the cheapest ones to buy. Good luck finding what's wrong. If you do, consider yourself lucky.
                          The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

My [vague] point was emachines mobos come from at least half a dozen manufacturers.
                            Some are complete crap but others aren't so bad.

-

- Dr Seuss
                            -
                            -

Comment

Your 1 year old Acer/eMachine only has 1GB RAM.
                              Win7 is going to run like shit with 1GB RAM.
                              -
                              MS says minimum RAM for Win7 32-bit is 1GB and 2GB for 64-bit.
                              What MS says for minimum is always about 1/2 what is needed for a smooth running system.
                              Been like that since Win95 if not before.
                              http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...m-requirements

-

- Dr Seuss
                              -
                              -

Comment

That is how all modern prebuilt computers that are reasonably affordable are designed. Computers with 32-bit Windows 7 have 1GB of RAM, and computers with 64-bit Windows have 2GB of RAM. If you want more RAM, you have to pay a ton of money for a computer that is basically a $300 computer with a multi-terabyte hard drive. You could buy a $300 computer and upgrade the RAM and get the same performance as a $600 "media center" computer.

Comment

Yeah, they used to sell W98 machines new with 16Mb RAM too.
                                  "reasonably affordable" = cheap, bottom line, just enough to run.
                                  It isn't going to run Win7 smoothly once apps are installed that actually use RAM.
                                  -
                                  Either get more RAM or get XP.
                                  Last edited by PCBONEZ; 06-24-2011, 08:02 PM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                  -
                                  -

Comment

Or you could build the damn thing yourself and get rid of all the "it won't run this it won't run that i can't upgrade it" shit. Win7 x64 runs perfectly fine on 2GB btw.
                                    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                                      Or you could build the damn thing yourself and get rid of all the "it won't run this it won't run that i can't upgrade it" shit. Win7 x64 runs perfectly fine on 2GB btw.
                                      Good point, you're right...
                                      And now can you tell us ~why~?
                                      I'll give you a hint.. It explains why saying 1GB for the 32-bit is a crock.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                      -
                                      -

Comment

32-bit was kept for the ignorant masses.

Comment

Working...
                                        X