GA-C7V7VX-RH Not Wanting To Work With Ide Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA-C7V7VX-RH Not Wanting To Work With Ide Drives

Just finished building a small itx rig based off this gigabyte motherboard. However its not working properly, it wont let me boot off a Ide drive, also it wont let me install windows on to any drive either windows says the Bios wont let it.

I have gone through the Bios and made sure no virus or write protection is on and its not, if I try to boot with a Ide drive it gives an error saying this "SW NOT SUPPORTED" however if I turn the Ide channel master to manual from auto it will boot however still wont let me install anything to the flipping drive.

This board originally come with a small apacer idea ssd drive (only 64mb) which still boots fine but wont let me boot any hard drives.

Any one have any ideas on this ?
    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 12-18-2015, 05:19 PM.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Re: GA-C7V7VX-RH Not Wanting To Work With Ide Drives

i think it used to be a thin client. Are you using separate IDE channels ? have you got the jumpers set correctly ?

Comment

It was for some school in Manchester, the jumpers on the Hdd are the for master only. This normally works what should it be set to ? Also there is a Comb port on the board however I cant seem to find out what the pins on it do.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Are the IDE hard drive and CD ROM showing up in the BIOS ?

Comment

Yes they show up, the Cd rom works however this thing just wont load the hard drives. The hard drives both show up properly. Thats why im so confused :L

Comment

Have you tried with just one hard drive ?
            I'll have a quick look through the manual. Its been a while since I've had boot problems with IDE or even used IDE and my brain is a little slow after looking through a microscope all evening wrestling with a dead laptop.
            Something to do with the thin client booting I think.
            Beer time I think.
            Bear with my Reecey.

Comment

What OS are you trying to load ?

Comment

Nice one my friend

Comment

Also the Hard drives are formatted, it wont even let me get to the boot up stage if they are connected. Im loading windows 7 32bit off a Usb drive. I say hard drives as I have 2 connected but it does the same even with one just says "SW NOT SUPPORTED".

Comment

The motherboard might not support USB boot. Does it show up in the boot order ?

Comment

USB emulation is sometimes required for older drives to boot the installer, make sure it's enabled in the cmos

are we talking about ribbon cable ide drives? some WD drives require a "only drive" jumper setting (not master or slave). Make sure the drive in on an 80 wire cable and on the end connector
                      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I dont think you understand what im saying, its nothing to do with booting from a Usb. When ever I plug an Ide hard drive in (even with out the usb) the bios goes into halt mode when ever its set on auto scan for the drive but if I change that to manual meaning the Os loads data to the drive it boots, however even this I still cant load anything to the drive in windows or linux it says that something in the bios for the Hdd controller is wrong but it all seems fine ?

Comment

does it have sata?

Comment

Maybe a photo or two would assist us Reecey.

Stj, I think is the thin client version of the motherboard without SATA.
                            Might be the reason for the error, possibly a custom BIOS.

Comment

but if it does have SATA, maybe ide emulation is enabled re-directing all the ide calls to the wrong ports.

Comment

There are spots for sata ports however they are not soldered and the additional components for them are not installed. Will get you images in a while chaps

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                  I dont think you understand what im saying, its nothing to do with booting from a Usb. When ever I plug an Ide hard drive in (even with out the usb) the bios goes into halt mode when ever its set on auto scan for the drive but if I change that to manual meaning the Os loads data to the drive it boots, however even this I still cant load anything to the drive in windows or linux it says that something in the bios for the Hdd controller is wrong but it all seems fine ?
                                  The exact errors on screen would help.

Comment

http://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/vxl/itona/C7V7.shtml

Windows 7 on a 1Ghz VIA running off an IDE HDD.
                                    Rather you than me buddy
                                    Attached Files

Comment

hmmm
                                      Bin Sun discovered that the latest BIOS for his TC2331 refused to boot anything from the hard disk he installed. It stopped with the message:

SW not supported, system halted

It turned out that the last TC2331 BIOS specifically will not boot from anything on the IDE interface that is larger than 64MB. (The BIOS release notes indicate that the previous version just applied this restriction to the master drive, not the slave). His solution was to flash the motherboard with the BIOS from the TC4331. (Both models use the same motherboard).

Comment

Haha sorry for the slow update chaps been put aside Also I put win7 on a socket A Athlon ran quite fast tbf lol have a good Christmas will update all soon

Comment

Working...
                                        X