X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReeceyBurger123
    replied
    Re: JVC (Vestel) 17IPS72r4 PSU

They are meant to be shorted I’d start looking at the backlight a little closer. Check what the outputs feeding back, I’ve had loads of Vestels with lose connections that appear to be fine. Also shorted Leds which when they warm up fail open circuit interment.

Leave a comment:

• comptek
    replied

They are supports they provide a space to stop the board from shorting / flexing onto the chassis

To the left SR3 is unpopulated

Regards
    Gary
    Last edited by comptek; 03-26-2021, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dick_barton
    replied

The top one is connected to the same copper track so gives the impression of being shorted.
    I think these are spacers or marker points possibly used when the components are machine populated or possibly standoffs for oven flow

Leave a comment:

• kimb
    started a topic JVC (Vestel) 17IPS72r4 PSU

JVC (Vestel) 17IPS72r4 PSU

Hello,

I'm looking at a JVC 43" Vestel made TV. It has a VERY intermittent problem with no backlight but has display, sound etc. when switching on. I've tested the backlight circuit, all ok.

I've fixed so many of these sort of TVs I thought I had this problem under my belt but this one is different.

Here's a pic of the hot side of the psu, there are two unknown (to me) components marked sr2 and sr5, can anyone identify what they are? The top one (sr5) is shorted, the bottom one isnt. I also attach the psu schematic although that doesn't really tell me what they do apart from 'SMD Pingood'. What does that mean?

Any help is appreciated.

KimB
    Attached Files
Working...
X