Sony xbr-75x940d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony xbr-75x940d

Hi, I have a Sony tv that did not have a mainboard in it. I guess the previous owners took it out. I'm not sure. I bought a replacement main board and installed it. Now I'm getting a flashing orange & green light when I turn on the tv with no sound or picture. I have been researching the tv but all I was able to find is the flashing orange & green light means the tv needs a firmware update. So far, that hasn't fixed the issue. Any suggestions where to start?

Re: Sony xbr-75x940d

The question that's begging to be asked is that do you have the correct replacement main board? You can try shopjimmy.com to verify what main boards fit your tv and compare the part number(s) of that main board to yours.
    Last edited by jetadm123; 07-23-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Yes, the main board is the correct board and I did order it from shop jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by GAStuntman View Post
        Yes, the main board is the correct board and I did order it from shop jimmy
        this is android Sony ... !!! make hardware reset
        Turn off the TV by( pull out the power cord from the outlet )
        Disconnect all sources of signal, CAM-module, router and power cable for a few minutes ...
        On the TV case, press and hold the [VOL-] and [Power] buttons simultaneously (not on the remote control!) ...
        3. While holding down the [VOL-] and [Power] buttons, plug the power cord of the TV
        Wait view seconds until the LED on the TV turns green ...
        Release the buttons ...
        The TV will restart twice and return to the initial setup menu ...
        Perform initial setup.

you still there on sony new firmware of July 2019 rolled out you can try it after that make reset as above again

Comment

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Comment

Flashing Green/Orange means you have the wrong firmware..

I went thru this a bit ago...

Diah was a big help when I had my issues...

Comment

I have tried holding down the buttons and it's still flashing. The firmware should be the right version since I just downloaded it from the Sony website for this particular model tv. As soon as I connected the mainboard and turn the power on, the orange & green light was flashing trying to install the firmware.

Comment

I tried it again and it turned green

Comment

Do you have an access indicator on the thumb drive?? Something that flashes on and off when it's being accessed??

I have worked on a couple XBRs and when I did the firmware update, it took close to an hour to do...

I never had luck with the LED TURNS GREEN reset.. But I have update the firmware on a couple units and it worked ok...

Comment

Yes, it turned green and then white and I heard a click and the tv went off with no light. Came back on and started flashing orange and green again. I inserted the flash drive for the firmware after about 45 minutes after the light turned green. After inserting the flash drive. The light is still flashing the same colors but at a slower pace. I can see the flash drive is working because it's red and flashes from time to time but it's hard to tell if anything is actually happening because I cannot see anything on the tv as of now.

Comment

Yea, I would leave it alone as long as possible.. With the flash drive I used, it would sharply flash on and off on access and then would slowly pulse on and off when there was no access..

I let it sit until I was sure there were just the slow pulses.. As I said, it took a long time.. As much as an hour..

If you have the TV upright and can see the Power LED.. When the Power LED is off for a significant amount of time (5-10 mins) you can try powering the TV on by the remote or the power button..

Comment

Ok, thanks. The flash drive have been running for almost an hour now. It's still pulsing as of now.

Comment

Ok, thanks. The flash drive have been running for almost an hour now. It's still pulsing as of now.
                          The best indicator will be the TV Power LED.. When it's off for a good while, it will likely be safe to power up the TV...

I wish TV's were more expressive when doing firmware updates.. On screen indicators and the like.. Would make it a LOT less stressful..

Comment

Did the previous owner ever say what the original problem was?

Comment

no he didn't. It has been over an hour. I pressed the power button and this time the indicator turned white for a few seconds and now it's blinking red.

Comment

Is the red light blinking in any type of sequence?

Comment

no he didn't. It has been over an hour. I pressed the power button and this time the indicator turned white for a few seconds and now it's blinking red.
                                  don't do any more update or reset to your tv.. your MB and firmware now okay... red flashing or stable.. if stable red it mean went to standby mode... if it flashing you need to count how many time blinking... as it indicate other hardware fault need to check

Comment

Sorry I'm just responding. The red light is flashing but I'll have to see if it's a sequence or not. I had to turn the tv off due to a thunderstorm in my area.

Comment

So, when I turned the tv back on today I had the flashing orange/green light.

Comment

Maybe try a different flash drive, seems that the orange/green should be gone if firmware installed correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                        X