Sony KD-55X8509C white flashing/pulsing LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KD-55X8509C white flashing/pulsing LED

I was asked to look at a Sony KD-55X8509C as it was not powering on, no lights.

On inspection, there was no physical issues.
    I seated all cables and repowered the TV, then the LED light flashed Green / Amber.
    - this seems to indicate repairing required, done by Firmware update.
    so downloaded the latest Firmware from Sony website and wrote to 4Gb USB drive.
    Inserted the drive and repowered the TV.
    LED changed to white flashing/pulsing ... and it sat there for over an hour.

i was unsure what was happening so repowered the TV and now it just sits at the white LED flashing/pulsing and i cant get it to change,

have tried the VOl-, and Power button factory reset - but its not responding to that.

any suggestions ?

Did you rename the file to upgrade_loader.pkg ?

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
      Did you rename the file to upgrade_loader.pkg ?
      thanks. Thought I saw renaming somewhere but couldn't find it.
      have just done that, rebooted tv and its now loading the USB drive now... (can see the USB light flashing) so getting further than before.
      ill leave it for a while and confirm if its resolved it.

Comment

i have doubt it will come back to life

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          i have doubt it will come back to life
          As usual, the EMMC will have broken down, sometimes recovery only helps for a short time if it succeeds at all.

Comment

Does look like another worn out emmc.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              Does look like another worn out emmc.
              not because of eMMC... many TV have same brand eMMC build in... nothings happen... but every years at end or time or holidays strike Sony server with some script to kill TVs... if Moderator look after Topic over here we will know when but how what they inject unknown at least to me .....so keep yours f°°°K!!ng Sony TV blind from Internet.. you will be fine

Comment

LOL, sounds like something they might try, I don't connect mine directly thru ethernet, just my firecube hooked thru hdmi and cube to router thru wifi.

Comment

Working...
                X