TPV LCD panels - LCD cell correlation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPV LCD panels - LCD cell correlation

TPV is a chinese LCD panel manufacturer, but they don't have technology to make LCD glass, T-CON, etc. They buy the panel (cell) to a real manufacturer and they just build the backlight and supporting structure.

I've found a correlation between TPV panel name and the corresponding LCD cell that carries that panel. The last characters after the hypen are the last characters of LCD cell name. Some examples:

TPM185B1-WX3400 -> BOE HM185WX3-400
    TPM215HW01-H1L01 -> ChiMei M215H1-P01
    TPM215HW01-HTN01 -> AUO M215HTN01.0
    TPT315B5-DXJSFE -> LG Display LC320DXJ-SFE1
    TPT315B5-J2LE2 -> Innolux V320HJ2-PE2
    TPT315B5-TU4A -> Panda LC315TU4A

For some reason, "P" is translated to "L" in two cases.

Sometimes it's easy to identify cell maker and model by a sticker, but it's not always available or visible. So, with a bit of practice, you can extrapolate which cell is there searching LCD cells with same size ending with those characters at Panelook. BTW, that's why Panelook doesn't list any panel from TPV.

Re: TPV LCD panels - LCD cell correlation

Thanks for this useful info. I can't work out what this one is:

TPM270WF1LF3L02C

Could they have changed their panel naming?

Comment

I think that correct name is TPM270WF1-LF3L (REV 02C). Do you have a picture of the label?

There're some Panda cells ending in LF3L02, but none of 27". Closest match is Panda LC270LF3L (1920x1080).

But the only way to know it is to observe actual balance board/T-CON looking for manufacturer part number.

Comment

Unfortunately I have no picture - I'm just going by what the service menu reported as there was no fault causing the need to open the monitor.

The back of the monitor showed that the whole monitor was manufactured by TPV Electronics, not just the panel, so I think that they might be using a panel known only to themselves. The Panda model numbers look close enough that I think it probably is one of theirs.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X